Software Development Engineer Internship
We’re on the lookout for the curious, those who think big and want to define the world of tomorrow. At Amazon, you will grow into the high-impact, the visionary person you know you’re ready to be. Every day will be filled with exciting new challenges, developing new skills, and achieving personal growth.
How often can you say that your work changes the world? At Amazon, you’ll say it often. Join us and define tomorrow.
Key job responsibilities
- Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative products and services.
- Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
- Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.
- Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low-cost, and easy to manage/use.
- Ability to design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
- Work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software.
About the team
If you’re insatiably curious and always want to learn more, then you’ve come to the right place. Depending on your location, country, job status, and other requirements, some or all of the following benefits may be available to you as a graduate starter.
- Competitive pay
- At Amazon, most employees have the ability to become owners of the company through the granting and vesting of Restricted Stock Units (RSU’s)
- Hybrid working (team dependent)
- Dynamic workspaces, with free fruit!
- Unlimited access to internal training
- Care for your overall well-being, with support for your physical and mental health
- A real opportunity to grow your career across the organization.
- Currently enrolled in or will receive a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree.
- Although no specific programming language is required – you should be familiar with the syntax of languages such as Java, C/C++, or Python
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, algorithm design, data structures, problem-solving and complexity analysis
- Previous technical internship(s) if applicable
- Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as the ability to think abstractly
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.