Linux System Engineer
Are you interested in working with the latest cloud computing technologies and becoming a core part of the largest cloud infrastructure on the planet?
AWS is seeking a System Engineer that will autonomously drive the design and implementation of new services, find ways to improve and automate our existing services, and provide escalation and mentoring for junior team members. They will be working in a large-scale, high-availability environment, managing our Storage, Automation, Monitoring, and Messaging suite of services.
The right candidate for this position has a strong technical background in Linux systems administration that allows them to approach any problem with confidence and ingenuity. They must be a “lifelong learner”, embracing the rapid innovations in technology and understanding how to leverage them to continue to improve our products.
They will be customer-obsessed, always looking to understand customer pain points and find a resolution quickly and completely. They will be passionate about finding innovative solutions and work proactively to solve potential problems and inefficiencies. And they must be able to communicate clearly and collaborate with others to deliver results with minimal supervision.
- Advanced knowledge in Linux system administration.
- Experience of systems automation using BASH, Python, Perl, etc.
- Practical understanding of network fundamentals (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, routing, switching, HTTP).
- Good troubleshooting skills at all levels, from application to network to host.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience.
- Exposure to cloud computing concepts and design considerations.
- Advanced knowledge of configuration management systems, such as: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or related systems.
- Experience with performance testing and tuning.
- Experience in a 24×7 production environment.
- Significant experience of monitoring frameworks (such as CloudWatch, Datadog, Grafana, Elastic or similar).
- Significant experience of systems automation using BASH, Python, Perl, etc.
Significant experience of network fundamentals (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, routing, switching, HTTP).
Also Search Your “Dream Jobs“
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.