Java Developer Jobs in Manchester for Indians
|Post Name||Java Developer|
|Company Name||Interactive Investor|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Working Hours||8 Hour|
|Location||Manchester, England, United Kingdom M3 3NW|
|Min. Salary||GBP 55000 to|
|Max. Salary||GBP 60000 Per Year|
Java Developer Jobs Manchester, Java Jobs in UK With Sponsorship, the interactive investor is an award-winning investment platform that puts its customers in control of their financial future.
We’ve been helping investors for over 25 years. We’ve seen market highs and lows and been resilient throughout. We’re now the UK’s number one flat-fee investment platform, with assets under administration approaching £55 billion and over 400,000 customers.
For a simple, flat monthly fee we provide a secure home for your pensions, ISAs and investments. We offer a wide choice of over 40,000 UK and international investment options, including shares, funds, trusts, and ETFs.
We also bring impartial, expert content from our award-winning financial journalists, highly engaged community of investors, and daily newsletters and insights.
WHAT WE STAND FOR:
It’s simple … we want our customers to feel confident and in control, for an interactive investors to go from strength to strength, and for ii to be a workplace where we can all thrive. Our customer-driven approach and bold values sit at the heart of this.
We are honest, straight-talking, and transparent with our customers and our colleagues. We are decisive and take ownership of what we say and deliver. We are ambitious and passionate about what we believe is right for our customers, our teams, ourselves, and interactive investors.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Do you have a passion for building scalable and resilient backend applications and processes? Are you excited by microservices, serverless, event sourcing, and supporting multiple channels across browser, mobile and third-party SSO applications?
- Love to be a part of a modern Java development team creating services to support our fintech customers?
- Want to work with modern technologies, like (Spring Boot, Java 17, Kafka, MongoDB, Elastic Search, Spring Cloud Function, Docker, and AWS), and modern agile techniques?
- Want to be part of an experienced, supportive, inspirational, and friendly community of engineers?
- Want to work for a leading fintech company.
- Want to work for a company who prioritizes people and wellbeing.
Our technology is crucial to our success, we continually invest in our technology and people and are undergoing a program of technology evolution – building platforms, applications, and experiences for the future.
We are looking for developers who can design and build quality solutions to support an ever-demanding customer base utilizing the power of Java, Spring Boot, and AWS.
You will have a proven skillset that spans API design, data processing, and integration techniques, and commitment to quality. You will be a strong team player working on highly collaborative projects.
- Work with Scrum Masters and Project Managers to estimate and plan development activities.
- Work closely with the IUI/UX team to deliver a best-in-class user experience.
- Work within a project team to identify potential solutions and evaluate their technical feasibility.
- Liaise with business analysts/stakeholders’ needs and understand requirements.
- Work with architecture, analysts, and testing teams (both in-house and third party) to ensure solution designs and systems delivered to meet the business requirements.
- Develop the functionality of system solutions within an Agile or Waterfall methodology.
- Coach and mentor other developers in the team.
- Ensure all code is performant and adheres to security best practices.
- Produce the following documentation: Design documentation, how-to articles, code documentation, and comments.
- Provide BAU support for the applications. Work with Analysts to help answer technical/business questions. Support DevOps to investigate and resolve any live application issues.
- Provide out-of-hours support for the applications on a scheduled basis.
- Working to a Service First Culture ensuring that IT does all it can to impact Customer and Employee satisfaction levels.
- Treat customers fairly at all times.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with key IT and business partners to ensure a collaborative working environment.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Excellent OO design principles.
- Proven Domain Driven Design experience
- Proven experience in Test-Driven Development
- Strong Microservices background
- Strong Amazon Webservices background
- Spring Boot / Spring Cloud / Spring Data and Java 17
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our change and release processes
- Outstanding technical problem analysis
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proven ability to coach and mentor other software developers
- Provide technical oversight and be an SME for other developers
- Experienced in working in a high-pressure, time-critical operating environment
- Time Management and Prioritisation
- Experience of developing and delivering complex Java-based APIs and full-stack applications
- Knowledge of financial services or stockbroking would be advantageous
- Experience of working within a regulated environment
- Experience of supporting the critical applications of a digital business
- Most importantly passion, enthusiasm, and drive! Technical Capabilities:
- Proven ability to deliver applications with emphasis on non-functional requirements (Scalability, Reliability, Robust, etc)
- Excellent Sprint Boot skills
- Good understanding of IT architecture, servers, O.S.
- Good Web Security knowledge
- Experience of working with relational databases and JDBC
- Exposure to Linux administration
- Excellent knowledge of tools including, Maven, Docker, GIT, IntelliJ
- Use of MAC for development
- HTML / CSS / JSP web development experience
- Experience in building and deploying apps to AWS
- Experience in using elastic search, dynamo DB, AWS Lambda
- Proven ability to deliver API functionality via microservices
Risk, Financials, Process, and Change Capabilities
- Make informed risk decisions and effectively and credibly debate and challenge management recommendations within your role in line with the approved Risk Appetite Framework.
- Use the training and competence scheme to maintain the appropriate knowledge, skills, and expertise to carry out the role competently.
- Maintain the first line of compliance defense by ensuring individual, adherence to business processes and procedures that are designed to meet the regulatory standards set out in the relevant FCA rules and guidance.
- Conduct troubleshooting and root cause analysis and make recommendations to prevent repeating issues in the codebase.
- Adhere to coding standards and code review policy to ensure quality and security.
- To plan and implement changes according to Service Management and Change Management processes, and to understand and adhere to the controls and governance standards.
- Keep up-to-date with development trends and contribute to future developments and roadmaps.
- Ensure activities are aligned with the change roadmap.