Indeed Winnipeg, Indeed Jobs in Winnipeg, We are Federated Insurance. We’ve proudly served Canadian businesses for 100 years. We are recognized as one of the largest commercial insurance providers in Canada.
Our employees are committed to meeting the specific needs of our customers, and we are doing everything we can to help Canadian businesses find a brighter and safer future.
We are a company made up of passionate people who put people at the heart of their concerns. Would you like to join a team that believes in the importance of working hard and having fun at work, while making things better? Look no further than Federated Insurance.
The receptionist is responsible for handling all types of incoming, outgoing, and intra-system telephone calls. The incumbent serves as the initial point of contact for callers and provides information services and directions to callers and directs/announces callers to proper individuals, offices, or locations.
|Post Name||Receptionist – contractor|
|Salary||CAD 16 To CAD 18 Per Hour|
|Education Required||Secondary School Diploma|
Receive/relay incoming calls in a friendly and professional manner:
- Retrieve voice messages from the general mailbox and transfer messages to the appropriate staff member.
- Take and forward messages when necessary
- Greet and attend to all visitors upon arrival.
- Attend to caller and visitor needs and direct them to the proper individual or department.
- Assign security access passes to guests and log all incoming and outgoing activity
- Troubleshoot switchboard system issues and request technical support as required.
- Train staff for switchboard relief and mentor less experienced staff.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of telephone extensions and department directories to facilitate the accurate direction of telephone calls.
- Maintain up-to-date reception procedures manual, files, and resources in current and orderly condition for quick reference as needed.
- Maintain a neat and professional reception and boardroom area
- Contact building tenant services with security, parking, heating, and maintenance issues as required.
- Accept special delivery/priority mail and incoming packages and arrange for outgoing courier deliveries.
- Monitor Office Services e-mail inbox and direct inquiries to the team for handling.
- Place orders for supplies, flowers, gift baskets and transportation services, etc.
- Verify, reconcile, and code courier and supplier invoices.
- Provide administrative support including basic document processing, record keeping, and report preparation, as assigned.
- Perform data entry and assist with special projects as needed.
- Provide backup and assist co-workers in eliminating backlogs when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing in a highly diplomatic and courteous manner.
- Ability to understand and follow job-related instructional guides (i.e. procedure/policy manuals, catalogs).
- Ability to recognize identical /repetitive problems and to apply a prescribed solution /procedure.
- Ability to prioritize and perform dissimilar tasks simultaneously often in a fast-paced environment.
- Good typing skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
- Ability to interact with others in a clear, courteous, and diplomatic manner.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
Winnipeg, MB, Canada R2X
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent; Clerical/Administrative/Business courses an asset.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a corporate receptionist with advanced knowledge of telephone console system(s).
- General insurance/business knowledge is an asset.
- Working knowledge of the functional responsibilities of the department and inter-related departments.
- Ability to work within and adapt to PC-oriented environments, including familiarity with e-mail and Internet skills. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Fluently bilingual (English / French) is a definite asset (a requirement in Quebec Region).
- Indoors in a normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations, and temperature.
- Long periods of sitting at the Reception desk; must call for relief for all breaks.
At Federated, we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace where we celebrate employees and welcome them as they are. No matter who you are or what makes you unique, we welcome you with open arms. Just let us know how we can help or accommodate you during the selection process.
Interview Question for Receptionist:
- How would your previous employer describe you?
- Why are you interested in our company?
- Why are you interested in this role?
- What are the characteristics of a quality receptionist?
- What about clerical work interests you?
- What are your greatest strengths pertaining to office work?
- What are your greatest weaknesses pertaining to office work?
- What do you know about the work we do?
- How do you keep up with trends in this industry?
- Do you enjoy working with clients?
- What programs and software are you most experienced using?
- Explain how you stay organized.
- Why makes you a qualified receptionist?
- What kind of products or services did your previous employer offer?
- Do you have experience working in a fast-paced environment?
- When have you used technology to help you with administrative tasks?
- What strategies do you use to fix your mistakes?
- Are you comfortable using spreadsheets to access data?
- What strategies do you use to prioritize tasks?
- How do you manage stress?
- How fast can you type?
- How would you work toward creating a good first impression for clients?
- What techniques would you use to calm a challenging visitor?
- What steps would you take to plan a business trip?
- What would you do if a client walked in right as the phone was ringing?
- What would you do if a client showed up 30 minutes late for their appointment?