Indeed Jobs Toronto, Jobs in Toronto, City of Toronto Careers, We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude.
Candidates should be able to assist management and all visitors to the company by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail, making reservations or travel arrangements, and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
To be successful as an administrative assistant, candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate.
They should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly. Administrative assistants must be comfortable with computers, and general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication. Most importantly, administrative assistants should have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others.
|Post Name||Admin Assistant|
|Salary||CAD 44000 To CAD 50000 Per Year|
|Education Required||Post-secondary degree|
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives.
- Organizes and files records of office activities and business transactions.
- Administers a filing system to ensure the availability of reports, forms, and other documentation.
- Creates maintains and enters information into databases.
- Assists with the coordination and processing of work orders for equipment warranties, maintenance, and repairs (e.g. documents, tracks, and communicates maintenance requests to appropriate areas for execution).
- Maintains office supplies inventory and orders.
- Schedules meetings and coordinates meeting facilities and set-up.
- Liaises with internal and external partners to coordinate changes to premises (e.g. relocations, office planning) with minimal interruptions to business operations.
- Identifies and escalates all irregularities and discrepancies to management.
- Performs various operational activities to meet business objectives, and client needs, and maintain overall service levels.
- Provides administrative/operational support including financial and transactional processing and reporting, account processing and documentation, compliance processing, and other related activities; ensures proper documentation and administration of decisions.
- Meets high-quality service standards to maximize relationship retention and growth.
- Identifies and escalates all irregularities and discrepancies to management and compliance as per guidelines.
- Follows through on risk and compliance processes and policies to ensure we safeguard our customers’ assets, maintain their privacy, act in their best interests, and ensure an effectively run function.
- Protects the Bank’s assets and complies with all regulatory, legal and ethical requirements.
- Completes standardized tasks under supervision.
- Performs initial problem solving within given rules/limits & escalates when required.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Post-secondary degree in a related field of study is desirable.
- Basic knowledge learned on the job.
- Verbal & written communication skills – Basic (in a business environment).
- Organization skills – Basic (in a business environment).
- Collaboration & team skills – Basic (in a business environment).
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Location||Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4W 3E2|
We’re here to help:
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities, and our people. By working together, innovating, and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected, and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs.
From in-depth training and coaching to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property.
BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written, and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Interview Question for Admin Assistant:
- What role do you feel the administrative assistant serves in the office?
- What do you enjoy about being an administrative assistant?
- What software and office equipment are you proficient in using?
- Describe a project you enjoyed working on as an administrative assistant.
- What skills do you believe are most important in the role of an administrative assistant and why?
- Describe a situation in which discretion was needed in your role as an administrative assistant and how you handled it.
- How would you approach a situation in which you were given a task but didn’t receive complete instructions?
- What management style do you prefer?
- What do you believe is the most challenging part of the administrative assistant role?
- Tell me about a time you had to support a large team. Were you successful?