Chef Job in Bahamas
If You Want Hotels and Resorts Jobs in Nassau | Hotel Jobs in Bahamas, LyfeDesign is looking to fill the position of Chef De Cuisine for a Luxury Boutique Hotel in the Bahamas. The ideal candidate will need to build a reputation for the hotel by offering an innovative menu and promising an exceptional culinary experience for a fine dining destination.
As Chef De Cuisine, you are fully responsible for menu development and execution with the desired level of quality food and presentation. The Chef De Cuisine will oversee and be responsible for the operational kitchen management.
|Post Name||Chef De Cuisine|
|Expected Salary||BSD 40000 to BSD 45000 Per Year|
|Address||Nassau, New Providence, Bahamas 00000|
Responsibility for Getting Hotel Jobs in Bahamas:
- Foster positive thinking and motivation within all kitchens by giving active assistance and advice on more effective ways of running the kitchens.
- Plan in conjunction with the Executive Chef and Outlet Managers activities, promotions, and menu implementations according to the annual marketing plans.
- Ensure that all designated action points from daily briefings or other operational meetings are being followed by the individuals concerned.
- Guide the kitchen section chefs and all his subordinates in decision-making and judgment.
- Ensure that positive working relations with non-Food and Beverage departments are fostered, cooperating at all times.
- Be aware of and comply with all legislation affecting the operation, including licensing regulations, health regulations, and fire, and safety regulations.
- Assist the Executive Chef in compiling the annual marketing plans and budgets and activity promotion plan.
- Ensure disciplinary and grievance procedures are properly adhered to and followed.
- Handle customer comments and complaints and take swift corrective action after consultation with the department head concerned.
- Be responsible and accountable for the overall food cost as well as kitchen supplies, kitchen energy costs, and kitchen utensils.
- Find ways to improve the efficiency of the operations, which will benefit our clients.
- Constantly finding ways to further improve the Food cost through strategic purchasing, without negatively affecting pre-determined quality standards.
- Constantly strive to reduce energy consumption through awareness campaigns within all kitchens.
- Co-operate with and drive forward the implementation of operating standards in all Food and Beverage kitchens through close follow-up with Outlet Managers.
- Complete detailed checks of the entire Food and Beverage operation during all service periods taking necessary actions to correct any deviation from quality standards.
- Plan coordinate and supervise all menu implementations in a timely manner.
- Assist in the preparation and control of daily and weekly market lists.
- Create and develop new dishes and recipes by keeping up with the latest market trends.
- Constantly strive to improve kitchen operating procedures.
- Relate guest comments, positive or negative, to the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef and take proper actions.
- Be responsible for the labor budget of the respective kitchen department.
- Propose and initiate when approved, new services and products for our guests.
- Control kitchen manpower distribution throughout the kitchen sections, by overseeing the scheduling of all sections and making adjustments anticipating unscheduled business.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the department head from time to time.
- Be full in charge of kitchen operations.
- Have daily guest contact and report feedback.
- To comply with all safety and security regulations.
- Strictly adhere to all Policies & Procedures existing in the hotel.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||High School Diploma|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
Skills for Getting Bahamas Hotel Jobs for Foreigners:
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area. Or
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- Previous 5* hotel experience in Fine Dining Restaurant.
LyfeDesign offers a dynamic and personalized recruitment service. Our team plans with you strategies for long-term career growth. It is in our interest to excel with you and to find for you the right career path.
Our vetting process is part of our service obligation.
LyfeDesign’s vision is to build with you a successful team environment that shall bring you the desired outcome.