Front Desk Jobs in Vancouver $16 Hour
Hotel Jobs in Vancouver 2022, Front Desk Jobs in Vancouver for Indians, Hotel Jobs in Canada 2022, Hotel Jobs BC, We are currently searching for an experienced Guest Hospitality Ambassador (Front Desk Agent) to join our team on a full-time basis.
In order to help us with checking customers in and out of our institution, we are looking to hire a positive front desk agent. The front desk employee will help visitors with their questions, issues, and complaints. At the end of the shift, the front desk employee will balance the cash after collecting payments from guests.
You’ll know how the hotel is laid up, be knowledgeable about the various rates and deals, be able to operate the switchboard with ease, comprehend how the on-site restaurant runs, and be able to assist visitors with reservations and recommendations.
When visitors check out, you will make sure the keys are returned. In order to succeed, you must maintain your composure and professionalism in trying circumstances and be accountable for the happiness of your customers starting at check-in.
|Post Name||Front Desk Agent|
|Company Name||Shangri-La Hotels|
|Expected Salary||CAD 16 to CAD 18 Per Hour|
|Address||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6E 0A8|
Responsibility for Jobs with Accommodation Vancouver:
- Perform duties either at the main reception desk or from inside our Service Centre, handling guest inquiries and requests.
- Our Front Desk Agents also are cross-trained to provide support and shift coverage as concierges for our guests and residents.
- At the hotel main switchboard, answer and transfer calls, take in-room dining orders, monitor service times, monitor the hotel emergency lines, defect reporting, and act as the overall communication hub for the hotel.
- Communicate with all departments, in particular Housekeeping, Front Office, and Engineering, ensuring our guests are well taken care of.
- Ensure all external and internal guest/colleague inquiries and concerns are answered promptly and professionally either by telephone or the radio system.
- Take ownership of the caller’s request and ensure follow-up according to the hotel’s standards.
- Process and distribute all guest messages, guest wake-up calls, and all incoming faxes.
- Assist guests with dining reservations, attraction inquiries, and all other guest activities as required.
- Serve as a liaison for Guests requiring information relating to all aspects of the hotel and facilities.
- Provide professional guest service with genuine care to attention and detail.
- Accurately complete all special billing requests.
- Responsible for registering guests, establishing a method of payment, assigning a guest room, and welcoming the guest to our hotel.
- Processing all guest departures presenting a folio of charges to departing guests and receiving payment.
- Update and monitor room status changes in partnership with Housekeeping.
- Drive rate through up-selling of room types.
- Settle guest accounts accurately while ensuring all service standards are followed.
- Provide customer service over the telephone and in person to all guests while adhering to luxury hotel service standards.
- Ensure all hotel reports, VIP guest profiles, and other guest requests are prepared prior to guest arrival.
- Ensures compliance with all hotel policies, standards, and core practices.
- Assist in the handling of guest complaints and ensure that proper follow-up takes place.
- Undertakes other ad hoc-related responsibilities, as required.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||High School Diploma|
Skills for Hotel Jobs Near Me:
- Previous experience in a similar capacity within another luxury or upscale hotel brand is preferred.
- Previous experience with Micros, Opera, Microsoft Office, and Open Table software is an asset.
- Professional telephone etiquette and excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, focusing on guest needs, and remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including evenings, mornings, weekends, holidays, and overnight shifts, as required.
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts has been established, with locations in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Oceania, and Africa. Sister brands include Traders Hotels, Kerry Hotels, and JEN Hotels. Further, the Shangri-La Group holds a diverse portfolio of commercial properties, residences, services, and clubs.
CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, draws inspiration from the origins of the Shangri-La legend, which describes a unique place of personal peace, enchantment, and well-being. This is a luxurious sanctuary where holistic treatments based on time-honored methods shared by many Asian cultures bring total relaxation and a feeling of well-being.
Our leaders are quick to identify new trends and seize growth opportunities. They pursue customer-driven solutions and are focused on delivering performance-based outcomes. By encouraging innovation, they help create a more resilient company; one that drives sustainable growth.
Shangri-la Vancouver Colleague Privileges for Vancouver Hotel Jobs:
:…we enable people to live, work, play, eat, and rest well through the environments we create and the memorable experiences we deliver! Our Colleagues have access to the following:
- Adventure to 100+ Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts with Colleague Travel perks
- Experience our renowned food & beverage with a special Colleague Discount
- Pamper yourself with discounted wellness journeys and luxury products from CHI the Spa
- Enjoy exclusive access to the discounted theatre, cinema, and retailers through our partner programs!
- Indulge in specialty pricing on luxurious pillowtop beds and Linens through our partner programs.
- Connect your event leads or employee referrals and earn a special Colleague bonus!
- Connect with your fellow Colleagues in recognition events throughout the year, celebrating as a team.
- Pursue your own ongoing development through courses and learning workshops as part of the Shangri-La Academy.
- Pursue your own ongoing development through our education reimbursement program
- Secure your vehicle conveniently with access to heavily discounted monthly paid parking
- Eligible Colleagues receive a 25% discount on their monthly transit pass
- Eligible Colleagues and their families participate in our benefits program, which includes comprehensive health, dental, and vision care benefits.
- Eligible Colleagues can build retirement savings with employer support contributions.
Some Post Related Questions or FAQs:
1. How much is the salary of a hotel worker in Canada?
2. How much does a hotel receptionist make in Vancouver?
3. Is it easy to get a job in Vancouver?
4. What is a good-paying job BC?
5. What is the most needed job in BC?
2. Careers in technology in BC.
3. Employment in business and administration in BC.
4. Positions in the medical field in BC.
5. Positions in social services and education in BC.
6. Jobs in sales and services in BC.
7. Interested in learning more about life in B.C.