Hotel Jobs in Switzerland for Foreigners| Hospitality Jobs
Hotel Jobs in Switzerland for Foreigners| Hospitality Jobs
Hilton Geneva Hotel & Conference Centre
Close to Geneva Airport, we are 1 km away from Geneva Lake and 30-min from the world’s best ski slopes.
We offer 496 rooms, 3 restaurants, the largest indoor pool in Geneva, and more than 5’500 m2 of conference and event space.
At Hilton Geneva Hotel & Conference Centre, we are proud to welcome our guests to the largest hotel in Switzerland! We are looking for the best talents ready to share the light and the warmth of hospitality and join our international group for a meaningful career.
|Post Name||Front Office Supervisor|
|Expected Salary||CHF 70000 To CHF 80000 Per Year|
|Address||Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland 1218|
What is it like to work for Hilton?
- For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day,
- Our team members have the opportunity to travel the world with our Go Hilton program that they can share with friends & family. They also have access to our Hilton University: the development of our teams is at the heart of what we do! With Thrive@Hilton, we also provide our team members with a holistic approach to their well-being and personal development. Finally, we aim at making our planet a greener place with our Travel with Purpose commitment.
What will you work on at Hilton Geneva?
Reporting to our Front Office Manager, the FO Supervisor maintains the highest standards of quality and service to our guests. S/he constantly ensures that guests are welcomed with smiles and extra care and that their needs are met in a timely fashion manner. S/he coaches FO agents in delivering their best and promotes a dynamic and enthusiastic FO environment.
- Assists the FO management in daily operations, and is responsible for the front desk in management’s absence
- Maintains high Hilton quality standards and ensures accurate monitoring of customer satisfaction and the development of our Hilton Honors loyalty program.
- Is responsible for the smooth running of the tasks carried out by the various shifts.
- Coordinates the activities of the Front Office
- Provides support to the Front Office (check in and check out)
- In collaboration with Human Resources, assists the FO management in executing team members’ integration and training programs
- Assumes the role of Duty Manager and follows up on the Night Manager’s reports in collaboration with management
- Ensures with management that the established “Policies and Procedures” are up to date and respected at all times
- Ensures the proper use of the computer system by the FO team
- Manages Airlines with management
- Contributes to improving the work quality of the team members while best meeting the needs of our guests
- Participates in the implementation of new procedures in order to improve the satisfaction of our customers
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
What makes us a good match?
At Hilton Geneva, we live and work every day by our six core values: Hospitality, Integrity, Leadership, Teamwork, Ownership, and Now. If they resonate with you, let’s meet!
For this specific job opportunity, we would value the following skills, experience, and attitude:
- Hospitality Management diploma with at least 5 years of growing experience in hotel operations
- A minimum of 3-year experience in a previous FO agent/receptionist role is a must
- Fluency in English, German and French is a must
- Experience in an international environment is a great asset
- Passionate about the guest experience, courteous and patient
- Managing complaints skills, positive and “can do” attitude, know how to use influencing skills
- Strong organization and planning skills, rigorous commitment to accuracy and details
- Effective team management skills, willingness to coach and train others
- Positive attitude, excellent presentation, and communication skills
- Demonstrates flexibility in work schedules
- IT literacy (experience with OnQ is an asset)
What are the next steps?
- If you’re interested in this job opportunity, please apply directly on our Hilton Career website,
- We will review all applications and will give you feedback in the coming weeks,
- Our HR team will get in touch with you for a first phone call if we feel we are a good match,
- As a next step, we would plan an interview with our FO Manager and our HR Director
- You may then go through an online behavioral assessment to understand a bit more about yourself and you will finally meet with our Hotel General Manager.
- Any questions left? Please reach out to us at email@example.com
Interview Questions for Front Office Supervisor:
- Are you comfortable managing a team of employees?
- What are some of the most important qualities for a front office supervisor?
- How would you deal with an employee who is not meeting your expectations?
- What is your experience with managing budgets and making cost-saving decisions?
- Provide an example of a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer or client.
- If hired, what would be your priorities during your first few weeks on the job?
- What would you do if you noticed a coworker was struggling with a high volume of calls or guests?
- How well do you handle stress and pressure?
- Do you have any experience using scheduling software?
- When was the last time you updated your training or education?
- We want to improve our customer service. What would you do to achieve this?
- Describe your experience with managing digital marketing campaigns.
- What makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
- Which industries do you have the most experience working in?
- What do you think is the most important aspect of customer service?
- How often do you think a front desk clerk should take breaks?
- There is a problem with a guest’s room. How do you handle it?