When you stay at a Thompson Hotel, you are welcome as a resident. With intuitive service, each guest is provided a tailored experience, enhancing personal travel journeys and bridging connections to the local perspective. Our hotels are located in timeless destinations, creating the kind of distinct experiences that can transform your day, your trip, or even your life.
This is not your typical career opportunity. At Thompson Zihuatanejo, a member of the Hyatt collection, we believe our team members can thrive in an empowered, supportive, creative, and energetic environment.
As a member of the property’s Leadership, the Director of Restaurants, Bars & Events is a highly visible role with exposure to Senior and Corporate leadership.
We’re looking for an individual who embodies the luxury lifestyle experience. An ideal Thompson team member has a passion for creating unique experiences, that can quickly perpetuate a culture of great design and superlative service, with a sharp sense of humor. This candidate will have a passion for exceptional hotel service and can express that belief in an atmosphere of spontaneity and authenticity.
|Post Name||Restaurant, Bars & Events Director|
|Company Name||Thompson Hotels|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Location||Zihuatanejo, Guerrero, Mexico 40895|
|Min Salary||MXN 41000 to|
|Max Salary||MXN 50000 Per Year|
- Ensure all hotels, divisions, and departmental service standards and policies are consistently maintained.
- Ensure all F & B presentations are prepared to the expected quality standards
- Encourage proper interdepartmental communication.
- Complete walkthroughs of the front and heart of the house and inspect all associated areas.
- Review staffing requirements relative to the anticipated business.
- Monitor restaurant reservations as well as catering/sales bookings.
- Ensure all employees’ appearance meets our grooming standards.
- Observe the proper handling and maintenance of equipment.
- Respond to operational needs and internal correspondence as it relates to the hotel and our standards.
- Assist in preparing annual, quarterly, and monthly forecasts.
- Review all actual revenues and costs of goods to the forecasted and budgeted projections. Attend to shortfalls or overages immediately with the associate managers.
- Maintain an updated status on all accruals versus current purchases.
- Actively participate and ensure accurate inventory procedures for the monthly beverage as well as quarterly reviews.
- Monitor and reduce unnecessary ‘other’ expenses
- Ensure Beverage cost falls in line with the Budget on a monthly and annual basis.
Personal and Staffing
- Assist in performance evaluations for managers and their assistants and the employees.
- Monitor and implement each department’s staffing guides.
- Provide individual training, personal development, counseling, and opportunity for growth for managers as well as line employees.
- Monitor the selection, evaluation, discipline, training, and development of all F & B employees.
- Require that all managers personally ensure consistency and fairness in discipline and evaluations, commitment to thorough training a promotion from within, and in-depth interviewing for proper selection.
- Create a harmonious work environment that promotes a sense of loyalty and proprietorship while generating a positive attitude and enjoyment for the staff.
- Provide leadership throughout F&B by motivating the employees to reach beyond excellence.
Administration, Marketing, and Systems
- Follow through on all guest comments.
- Develop and implement viable marketing strategies and programs for increased sales of F&B.
- Create a comforting and servicing environment to promote repeat business and heighten public awareness of our facilities.
- Provide leadership through F&B and motivate all employees to maximize guest satisfaction while generating optimal sales and profitability.
- Keep the Food and Beverage teams focused on guest satisfaction and desired financial results.
- Ensures Food and Beverage service occurs according to operating and Thompson standards.
- Maintains and ensures compliance with all F&B policies, procedures, and standards.
- Directs team members to strive for continuous improvement and excellence in all areas of responsibility.
- Maintains an effective training and inspection program of all F&B areas to ensure compliance with Health and Safety procedures and laws.
- Understands and communicate to team members the operating and maintenance procedures of all departmental equipment.
- Responsible for ordering all Food and Beverage equipment and supplies for the outlets. As directed implements new service standards, supplies, and equipment.
- Maintains a strong working relationship with all departments to ensure effective communications for operational issues.
- Reviews Guest Satisfaction feedback and data to identify areas of improvement: reviews results with team members to develop appropriate corrective action and ensure implementation.
- Supports and monitors onboarding of new hires to receive appropriate job skills training to successfully perform job duties.
- Monitors payroll.
- Understands the impact of Food and Beverage operations on the overall hotel financial goal.
- Manages controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Implement the highest standard of food storage, and handling procedures and kitchen sanitation
- Responsible for hiring and training all staff according to Thompson and Hyatt Standards.
- Conducts People Development Process for all team members and direct reports and establishes goals and development plans.
- Implementation of all works safety and emergency procedures, training, and responses according to Hotel Safety and Emergency Procedural Manuals.
- Manage departmental labor and equipment costs
- Complete Management Project and Report Assignments
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
- 6 years or more of progressive hotel Restaurants, Bars & Events experience
- Previous hotel pre-opening experience preferred
- Service-oriented style with professional presentations skills
- At least 3 years of experience in a senior role in a food and beverage environment
- Proven leadership skills
- Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, proven track record in high volume concepts, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service, and ability to improve the bottom line
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills
- Experience implementing new RB&E concepts