“Whatever story you choose, you are the star”
Hotel Jobs in France, At Meliá Hotels International, you have the power to create your future. For us, the most important thing is your talent: We share the passion that makes you put your heart into everything you do, day after day. We are by your side to help you go beyond your limits, to celebrate every victory with you. Because together, we are the stars of our own stories.
At Meliá Hotels & Resorts we put our soul and our passion into everything we do so that our guests can live a unique experience, full of the warmth and hospitality that are so typical of our Spanish origin.
If you have an eye for detail and wish to improve yourself every day in an environment that stands out for its personalized customer service if you enjoy working for a stylish urban or leisure hotel brand if you want to be part of a team of people who are passionate about what they do… Then you belong at Meliá Hotels & Resorts.
Job Summary: You will be an integral member of the team that creates distinctively different and authentic experiences for our guests. You will warmly and enthusiastically greet arriving guests and assist them with check-in/out to ensure they are comfortable and feel welcome while also providing information. You will promote hotel services and amenities to the guests.
|Post Name||Front Desk Agent|
|Company Name||Meliá Hotels International|
|Expected Salary||EUR 15000 To EUR 17000 Per Month|
|Address||Paris, France 75116|
What will I be doing?
- Check-in and check-out hotel guests in a timely and professional manner.
- Process all payments according to established procedures.
- Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt, and professional manner.
- Register guests, issue room keys, and provide information on hotel services and room location.
- Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Up-sell rooms when possible, to maximize hotel revenue.
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures including but not limited to: posting all charges, completing cashier and other reports, preparing deposits, and counting/securing assigned bank.
- Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints.
- Make appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes.
What are we looking for?
- Front Desk/Guest Services Agent experience at a luxury resort preferred
- A flexible schedule is required; must be available to work various shifts including mornings, evenings, weekends, and/or holidays
- Must be able to read, write and speak English. Other languages preferred (Spanish)
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration, and think clearly when multi-tasking and providing service to multiple guests and/or clients within any given period of time.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||High School Diploma|
What benefits do we have for you?
- Food Allowances
- 25 Days of paid leave per year
- 12 additional days of rest per year
- Annual bonus
- Health insurance
- Reimbursement of the subscription for Parisian transport (60%)
- If you love to travel, Melia Hotels International is the place to work We have excellent discounts through our global My MeliaRewards program for you, your family, and friends.
- At Melia the protagonist is you! You choose how far you want to go, and for this, we have different development plans in order to offer you opportunities for growth and to fulfill your professional dream. In addition, you can have international experiences if you wish, because we are located in more than forty countries!
- Meliá Hotels International has developed a learning model focused on you, centered around continuous and experiential learning that can accompany you in your professional development. Because if you evolve, Melià evolves with you.
- Corporate Social Responsibility is of vital importance to us, and for this reason, we give the opportunity to participate in different events and social activities of diversity and social inclusion, always highlighting our values and purpose.
What will it be like to work for Meliá Hotels International?
Meliá Hotels International is unique among the 20 largest international hotel groups in having an origin in leisure and the ideal size to combine exceptional hospitality with management that is efficient and close to its stakeholders. All of this, along with our Spanish warmth and passion, makes us distinct and different.
At Meliá Hotels International you are the protagonist. The combination of your talent and your passion with our desire to grow by your side has no limits. Together, we will step forward with the strength of a great company. Together, we’ll turn the future into an amazing story.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, religion, age, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a global company.
If you want to know more about what it’s like to work with Meliá, follow us on:
Interview Question for Front Desk Agent:
- Tell me a little bit about yourself.
- How did you find out about this job?
- What have been your duties while working as a hotel front desk agent?
- Tell us a little about your skills.
- What do you like best about working in the hospitality industry?
- What is it that you dislike about working in the hospitality industry?
- How do you handle adversity at the hands of guests and coworkers?
- Do you have any experience with online reservations?
- How do you prioritize your duties at the front desk?
- How would you handle it if a guest asked you about a restaurant that was not part of the hotel?
- In the past, how did you handle a situation when you couldn’t resolve a guest’s problem?
- Do you feel it is okay to escalate issues?
- Why do you want to work at this hotel particularly?
- What is your greatest strength?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- How do you work best?
- If you were working in a supervisory role, what would be your method?
- How would your former/current boss describe you?
- Describe a time when you went beyond the call of duty to perform work.
- How do you handle stress when you are under pressure?
- If you are on the phone with an important client, and a visitor or guest requires your attention, what would you do?
- Have you ever lost your patience with someone?
- How do you handle unsatisfied guests?
- What does excellent guest service mean to you?
- How well can you work on back-to-back shifts?