|Post Name||Hotel Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Working Hours||8 Hour|
|Location||Toronto, ON, Canada M2N 6L3|
|Min. Salary||CAD 18|
|Max. Salary||CAD 20 Per Hour|
Hotel Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship, Do you enjoy helping others and building emotional connections to make people feel special and welcome? If so, then we want YOU to be part of our Fairmont Royal York family.
Every day you will be responsible for engaging with our guests, clients, and colleagues. You will create the essential Toronto experience at the hotel that has been a Canadian icon for over 91 years.
You will be given the responsibility to ensure that our guests and colleagues feel WELCOMED, CARED FOR, and INCREDIBLE. Being part of the Fairmont Royal York family is more than providing warm and consistent service.
As an ambassador of Fairmont Royal York, you will take the initiative necessary to turn moments into memories by taking the time to understand our guests’ purposes why are they staying at Fairmont Royal York, what is their length of stay and what are their preferences and passions.
Making our guests feel heard and cared for creates an emotional connection to our brand and builds loyalty.
These emotional connections are not just for guests. As part of the Fairmont Royal York family, you will be tasked with creating impactful relationships with your colleagues.
As an Emerging Leader, you will lead yourself through positive orientation, self-development, self-management, and problem-solving.
You will lead others by leading by example, engaging with the teams, developing others, and communicating effectively. You will lead the business by being guest-focused and aware of the business and identifying areas of improvement.
If creating these lasting relationships and experiences excites you, read more about how your role supports our vision of continuing to create the essential Toronto experience!
What Is In It For You
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What You Will Be Doing
- You are the Ambassador of our Hotel, often providing both the first and last impression to our guests. As such your goal is to provide the highest caliber of guest service to the hotel guest on both arrival and departure as well throughout the length of the guest stay. In this role, you should possess the desire to be in the spotlight and thrive knowing that the general public will constantly look to you for both a warm greeting and the ability to offer assistance.
- To report for duty on time with a professional appearance and clean appropriate uniform and PPE with all the tools needed to start your shift.
- Greet all guests with a smile and an appropriate hospitality greeting – Welcome to the Fairmont Royal York
- To be on your post at all times.
- Greet all guests arriving by vehicle or by foot and clearly direct guests to registration areas.
- Promote Valet parking service to guests arriving by vehicle, while ensuring all vehicle keys are clearly identified and stored in a locked location.
- Strict adherence to both Fairmont and LQA Service Standard expectations and knowledge of Accor’s ALL SAFE program
- Awareness and Acknowledgement of our AccorLiveLimitless Members.
- Ensure driveways and entrances are free and clear of congestion for the arrival and departure of guest vehicles.
- Complete a thorough walk around of guest vehicles prior to parking at the East Doors Spots, highlighting any damage on the corresponding O-Valet device.
- To be noticeably positioned at entrances to provide luggage assistance upon arrival, and departure and will assist in the loading and unloading of luggage and ensure that it is sent to the location requested by the guest.
- When requested or anticipated will provide guests with information and answers to questions about Hotel facilities such as; meeting facilities, dining options, local visitor and tourist attractions, and transportation information. If unable to provide the required assistance, refer to another resource for successful completion.
- Provide luggage storage by directing guests to the Bell Desk.
- Assist in fire alarms by fulfilling duties as outlined in the Hotel fire response manual.
- Assist in ensuring guest and co-worker safety and security by reporting any suspicious or unusual behavior to AGSM/GSM and hotel security services.
- In the course of normal duties, observe, report, or take immediate corrective action on deficiencies, malfunctions, and untidiness.
Your Experience And Skills Include
- Service focused personality is essential; customer service experience is an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- In addition to performing all the above-mentioned duties…
- Available to work weekends, evenings, and shift work
- Ability to work outside in all seasons – this means hot summers and cold winters
- Excellent verbal communication & interpersonal skills
- Loves dealing with the public
- Previous Guest Services Experience
- Thrives under pressure
- Professional manner and warm, outgoing personality
- Good Command of the English language
- Valid Driver’s License with no infractions
- Previous experience with Valet Operating Systems an asset
- Able to drive manual and standard vehicles
- You possess the ability to anticipate the guest’s needs, approaching them with the offer of assistance before they approach you
Physical Aspects Of Position (included But Not Limited To)
- Constant standing and walking throughout the shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Constant kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and ramps
Your Team And Working Environment
For over 91 years, Fairmont Royal York has stood proudly as a Toronto landmark. When the hotel opened in 1929 it was the tallest building in the British Common Wealth and contained 1,048 rooms, a concert hall, a library, an extensive bakery, a radio station, and even a hospital.
Today, this essential downtown landmark has completed a multi-million dollar transformation, reimagining its lobby, rooms, dining venues, event spaces, and Fairmont Gold – the property’s exclusive hotel within a hotel luxury experience. Another stunning chapter for Fairmont Royal York has begun. To learn more, click here.
Note: Must already be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for the position
In order to keep our employees and the general public safe from the threat of Covid 19 and the rise of variants in the community, the Hotel has implemented a Covid-19 Vaccination Policy.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality.
We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.