|Post Name||STAFF NURSE|
|Company Name||University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Location||Southampton, England, United Kingdom SO14|
|Min Salary||GBP 27055 to|
|Max Salary||GBP 32934 Per Year|
Hospitals Recruiting Foreign Nurses in UK, An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a dynamic and friendly team in the Surgical Day Unit. If you enjoy a fast-paced and challenging environment this could be the job for you.
The Surgical Day Unit is open now 7 days a week and we offer overnight facilities to patients to help facilitate flow within the hospital and offer the best service for our patients. You will be able to increase your understanding of caring for a huge amount of specialities to keep your knowledge up to date.
The role will cover a variety of shifts, days, nights and weekends and you will be able to take advantage of a 3 long days-a-week working pattern as well as an option for short shifts if preferable.
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to feedback on their vision on how best to continually improve the service we deliver for patients and play an active role in the whole patient pathway as we can provide opportunities within Pre-assessment, Theatres and Recovery.
Attached you will find the person specification document which provides more detail about the essential and desirable skills and experience needed for this role.
We highly recommend you review this document and use it when completing your application as these criteria are used by hiring managers as guidance during shortlisting.
For an overview of the main duties of the role please see the ‘Job Description and Main Responsibilities’ section below. To understand the day-to-day responsibilities in more detail please read the full job description document attached.
What we can offer you
What you’ll do
- Pre and Post Operative care for patients coming in for a wide range of Surgeries covering a multitude of specialities including Urology, General Surgery, Max Fax and ENT, Colorectal, Trauma and Orthopaedic, Radiology and more.
- Work with the multidisciplinary team to provide outstanding care for patients requiring an overnight stay ensuring all their individual needs are met whilst working towards safe and timely discharge.
- Embrace the challenge of promoting a collaborative approach to caring for patients coming into the hospital for Surgery, working towards a safe and effective pathway from pre-assessment to the day of surgery and discharge.
What we’re looking for
- Experienced band 5 Nurses who are looking to progress and expand on their knowledge of a range of specialities
- The skills to be able to thrive in a busy and challenging environment
- An enthusiastic approach to learning including self-directed learning
- The ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team
- Great organisational and prioritisation skills
- The ability to work well within a supportive team as well as being able to support junior members of the team