|Post Name||Assistant Manager|
|Company Name||Brompton Bicycle|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Working Hours||8 Hour|
|Location||Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands 1102|
|Min. Salary||EUR 2500|
|Max. Salary||EUR 3000 Per Month|
As a key member of the store management team, you will work alongside the Store Manager in this high-profile flagship store, to deliver the company objectives for growth and development through a best-in-class customer experience. Ensuring a strong visual proposition of the store environment is always maintained through consistent housekeeping, VM, and grooming standards.
You will possess strong leadership qualities inspiring your team of sales and technical staff to deliver the desired results through motivational coaching and development. Identifying opportunities for growth within the team and giving individual development feedback.
You will lead by example to ensure that best-in-class service levels exceed customer expectations by bringing to life the brand customer journey and ensuring that learning and development are supported through Brompton Academy learning modules.
You will support the Store Manager with end-to-end recruitment and onboarding processes for all new starters including probationary reviews. You will be required to analyze commercial sales data to support the Store Manager with the completion of weekly and monthly trade reports, monitoring and tracking store KPIs to motivate the team to reach store targets.
Ensuring that store performance is optimized through maintaining replenishment of the stock package and layout in-line with company directives and range plan; whilst highlighting any further stock opportunities and risks. Responsible for leading commercial floor walks during store visits in the Store Manager’s absence and communicating and completing any actions required.
You will be responsible for ensuring compliance via brand standard operating procedures, supporting with planning and execution of monthly stock counts, and supporting with the delivery of stock loss action plan as required.
- Lead by example and develop all team members to offer best-in-class customer experience, ensuring the brand customer journey is consistently brought alive by all members of the team.
- Maintain in-store expertise of Brompton products ensuring all brand communications are cascaded throughout the team in daily briefings and displayed on back-of-house noticeboards.
- Ensure new product launches are supported through team training activities to incorporate selling techniques into the customer journey.
- Support with building a community events calendar to plan and deliver regular ride-outs, in-store events, maintenance classes, and pop-up events to retain loyalty and grow customer reach.
- Maintain a store environment in line with brand expectations including VM, housekeeping, and team grooming standards.
- Promote the store through Brompton’s social platforms to communicate key brand messages customer engagement and advocacy.
- Motivate the team to consistently deliver the brand customer journey through individual and team coaching, recognizing, and rewarding success.
- Own the end-to-end recruitment and induction process for Sales Assistants, including supporting development during the probationary period review process.
- Identify individual training needs and ensure all members of the team are trained to a consistent level completing all Brompton Academy modules.
- Ensure effective staff deployment in place, flexing according to changing trade patterns.
- Support with payroll and attendance management including holiday leave as required.
- Empower team to respond to customer complaints in a professional manner, attempting to resolve in-store and escalating to head office if appropriate.
Commercial Performance and Reporting
- Motivate the team to deliver store KPIs.
- Support with completion of weekly and monthly reports and ad hoc reporting as required.
- Seek and develop knowledge about competitor activity in the local area, communicating this to the Store Manager and identifying opportunities to promote the store.
- Communicate any people, operational, and commercial issues to the Store Manager as appropriate.
- Manage all aspects of store security in accordance with company policy and procedure including staff, cash, stock, IT, and buildings.
- Place replenishment orders of stock as required to maintain performance and layout in line with company directives and range plan.
- Highlight any stock opportunities and risks to the Store Manager.
- Support with planning and accurate execution of monthly and year-end stock counts. Ensure counts are reported in line with standard operating procedure and support any further investigation as required.
- Ensure the team is trained on all standard operating procedures to ensure accurate handling of stock and payment handling.
- From time to time, you may be required to carry out additional duties.
- Passionate about the Brompton brand and customer experience.
- Driven by commercial success.
- Ability to coach and give feedback effectively.
- Confident communication and able to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt to frequent change with a flexible approach to achieving goals and tasks.
- A strong sense of responsibility and desire to get things done properly.
- Self-aware and emotionally intelligent.
- Energetic and dynamic.
- Warm, friendly, and engaging personality.
- Outstanding professionalism.
- Outstanding loyalty and commitment to the business.
- Take responsibility for personal development and actively seek opportunities for improvement.
- Passionate about learning and encouraging others to succeed.
Skills & Attributes
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in global branded retail environment in a management role.
- Experience within a global sports or activewear brand is desirable.
- Understanding of store targets and the drivers behind them.
- Previous experience in business reporting.
- Leadership, motivational and influencing skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Team working skills.
- A good standard of literacy and numeracy skills.
- Competence in Microsoft Office 365 suite including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Fluent in written and spoken French and English.