|Post Name||Graduate Finance Analyst Jobs London|
|Company Name||Imperial College London|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Working Hours||8 Hour|
|Location||London, England, United Kingdom EC1A|
|Min. Salary||GBP 40000|
|Max. Salary||GBP 45000 Per Year|
Graduate Finance Analyst Jobs London, The Voted University of the Year by the Times and the Sunday Times Good University Guide, and the Guardian with a thriving community of around 8000 staff and 22,000 students, Imperial College London is consistently recognized as being one of the world’s top 10 universities.
The College is looking to recruit graduates to join its Graduate Finance Scheme – a three-year program designed to provide the candidate with extensive finance experience and the opportunity to gain both a professional accountancy (CIMA) qualification and a Level 7 apprenticeship qualification.
The ideal candidates will be bright, personable, and self-starters with the drive to deliver excellence in Finance and support the College in achieving its academic mission.
Duties and responsibilities
- Graduate Finance Analysts can expect to gain both operational and project experience in the three-year program.
- Successful applicants will participate in a rotational program consisting of at least three placements.
- Previous examples of placements include working in the Finance teams supporting a Faculty, commercial areas, support functions, or working in various financial reporting and management accounting roles.
- In each placement, Graduate Finance Analysts can expect to gain in-depth knowledge of Finance in Higher Education, as well as exposure to senior leadership across both Finance and the wider Institution.
- It is intended that during the training scheme all Graduate Finance Analysts will develop the skills and experience necessary to apply for a permanent position at Imperial.
Training and Qualification
- Graduate Finance Analysts will be expected to complete their study for the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) qualification and the L7 apprenticeship qualification during the three years.
- The College will fund the full cost of study towards CIMA including relevant training courses, exam fees, etc. Support is available in the department to help Graduate Finance Analysts throughout their studies.
- This generous study package includes time away from work (up to 20%) to complete training courses for the accounting qualification with further support provided on the job via a combination of training, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
- Graduate Finance Analysts will be supported by the Finance Development Manager and placement managers to develop and grow in the role and support long-term career aspirations.
- Salaries will escalate throughout the three years via a combination of annual pay increments and pay increases linked to exam success.
- You should possess, or expect to achieve this year, a minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in any discipline.
- You should have a minimum of 128 UCAS points based on the new tariff.
- You should have an A level in Mathematics if your degree is not in a numerate subject (Grade B and above).
- You should have grades 9 – 4 (A*- C) at GCSE level (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
Skills, Experience, Knowledge
- No prior experience is necessary although a relevant internship is desirable.
- Numeracy skills and knowledge are essential.
- Proactive – enthusiastic and inquisitive, showing initiative and seeking opportunities to improve the way things are done
- Problem-solving – able to analyze information, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Communication – able to get messages across clearly and succinctly, both orally and in writing
- Teamwork – able to liaise effectively with a wide range of colleagues, welcoming different perspectives
- Time-management– able to manage and prioritize a diverse workload at the same time as studying for an accounting qualification
- An interest in personal and professional development
- An interest in developing a career in Finance
- Interest in Higher Education
The training component of our Graduate Finance Trainee Scheme is funded by the apprenticeship levy and is fully aligned to the level 7 Accountancy or Taxation Professional apprenticeship standard.
Please note that applicants should have the right to work in the UK and eligible residency status (please refer to Education and Skills Funding Agency rules, Annex A, for further information).
Please note that applications must be completed on the official form via the Imperial website. CVs will not be considered.
To make sure your application stands out, you need to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements and that you have the right to work in the UK.
Due to the nature of this role, we will be shortlisting candidates as applications are received. We, therefore, reserve the right to close this vacancy as soon as a suitable candidate has been appointed.
It is therefore advisable that you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment. We receive a very high number of applications every year, with over 200 applications for the last intake.
To apply, visit our website by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button and search for Graduate Finance Trainee Scheme.
- Graduate Finance Analyst (L7 Apprenticeship)-JD.pdf