Fruit Picking Jobs in New Zealand 2022
Fruit Picking Jobs in New Zealand 2022, We are looking for a Packer to join our team to ensure products are shipped quickly and safely. Packers must also be able to seal each container, use hand tools and adhesives to protect the package from harm during transportation, and observe all company safety standards.
Ultimately, you will work in a fast-paced environment, and you will be responsible for the well-being and accuracy of items shipped to our customers.
A Packer, or Picker Packer, is a warehouse employee responsible for fulfilling orders by arranging inventory in shipping containers and preparing them for shipment. Their duties include interpreting order invoices to determine which items need to be sent out, performing quality control assessments, and stacking items safely and securely in the right packaging.
|Post Name||The Fresh Fruit Company of New Zealand (Freshco Ltd)|
|Expected Salary||NZD 20 To NZD 22 Per Hour|
|Address||Ponsonby, Auckland, New Zealand 1011|
Responsibilities for New Zealand Fruit Picking Jobs for Foreigners:
- Pack, weigh and label completed items for shipment or storage
- Follow all company guidelines regarding packaging to ensure items arrive at their destination
- Identify and dispose of defective items before they are shipped to customers
- Properly use packaging materials, including hand tools, glues, nails, padding, etc
- Keep complete records of all materials that go through the warehouse
- Weighing packages and labeling them appropriately
- Inspecting packages to ensure they are not damaged
- Inspecting shipping containers to ensure they meet shipping regulations
- Assembling daily orders by shipping location or any other shipping categories
- Keeping records of packages including delivery notes, invoices, etc.
- Filling out packing and order forms with the relevant shipping information
- Sealing shipping containers and labeling them appropriately
- Cleaning shipping containers and other shipping supplies
Requirements and skills For Fruit Picking Jobs in New Zealand, Job Vacancies:
- Proven work experience as a Packer or similar role
- Experience in manufacturing or related field is preferred
- Basic shop skills, such as using hand tools
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Strong communication skills and desire to work with other team members
- A high school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
|Education Required||High School Diploma|
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
- Regular Paycheck.
- A Sense of Identity.
- Intellectual Challenge.
- Learn New Skills.
- Meet New People.
- Access to Community.
- Understand the World Better.
- Work-life Balance.
Freshco, a privately owned New Zealand company, has been exporting premium quality fresh produce for over 25 years. The Auckland-based export business has steadily grown to include Orchards, Packhouse, Coolstores, and offices in key growing locations throughout New Zealand. We specialize in FRESH produce.
Our task is to grow the best fruit and vegetables in New Zealand! Then we get them to the consumer, anywhere in the world, as quickly as possible in the FRESHEST condition.
We have a dedicated marketing and logistics team, shipping over 4,000 TEU container equivalents to our global customers each year. Our commitment to our customers – is “to deliver a delicious, healthy eating experience, every time”.
Interview Questions for Packers:
1. Why do you think you will be able to meet the physical demands in this fast-paced environment?
2. Do you think it is important to follow safety rules? Why?
Shows desire to adhere to rules.
3. Have you ever worked with a team to meet a deadline? How did you do it?
Displays a willingness to work with others.
4. Tell about a time you had to keep track of a lot of information. Can you provide details?
Shows eye for detail and organizational skills.
5. Have you ever had to multitask? What was it like and what would you do differently?
Demonstrates the ability to multitask.