Farm Jobs in Australia With Free Visa Sponsorship 2022, This is an exciting, long-term career opportunity for a qualified and experienced Farm Manager located at our flagship farm in North East Victoria. The position oversees the farm activity of approximately 200 ha, together with a newly acquired farm actively under development.
We are looking for someone to take pride in this established yet growing operation and ‘treat it as their own. We operate with a flat structure and you will be reporting directly to and supported by the CEO/MD whose management style is to empower, not micromanage.
You’ll undertake the effective operation and maintenance of farm machinery and be rewarded for your efforts with a great salary, company vehicle, and bonuses. On top of that, you will play a key role in the continuous improvement of site operations.
|Post Name||Farm Manager|
|Company Name||Wandin Valley Farms|
|Expected Salary||AUD 57000 To AUD 65000 Per Year|
|Address||Boweya, Victoria, Australia 3675|
Wandin Valley Farms is 100% family-owned and one of the largest producers of fresh cherries in Australia. From our farms in Victoria and Tasmania, we provide high-quality cherries to both domestic and international markets.
Your duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Provide leadership and assist the achievement of all objectives for site operation.
- Supervising, training, and organizing tasks of all farm employees including permanent and casual employees, contractors, and on-hired staff.
- Maintaining and communicating clear performance targets for employees and leading by example.
- Maintaining the budget for planned maintenance, harvest, and development work.
- Ensuring up-to-date record keeping and reporting.
- Planning and managing seasonal activities.
- Liaising with outside consultants regarding chemicals, fertilizers, and machinery.
You have proven skills in orchard and people management, you are pro-active, hands-on, with a demonstrated ability to effectively meet your timelines, and an absolute team player. A “safety-first mindset” is a key ingredient of your character.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the farm; with several employees reporting directly to you, whom you will be expected to mentor and develop through a strong ethic of teamwork.
To be considered for this role, it’s important you can address the following criteria:
- Orchard management experience, ideally cherries or other stone fruit.
- Understanding of irrigation systems and practices.
- Knowledge of agricultural chemicals and their uses.
- Pruning and general fruit tree upkeep experience.
- A strong history of harvest management.
- The implementation of ongoing maintenance programs for equipment and machinery.
- Demonstrated ability to manage people effectively through clear communication and the capacity to interact with others respectfully to develop strong working relationships that minimize conflict and maximize employee potential.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite to perform administrative and reporting duties.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||Tertiary Qualifications in Agriculture|
- Tertiary qualifications in agriculture or related field and at least 3 years of relevant experience. (The position may be open to a candidate who has attained VCE (or equivalent) with significant on-farm experience.)
- ChemCert chemical handling certificate.
There is no onsite accommodation, you must be willing to relocate before the commencement of employment or live within the local area.
You must have full rights to work and stay in Australia.
Please submit your resume and covering letter with your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +613 5964 4669 for further details.
Wandin Valley Farms is an equal opportunities employer with a strict policy of respect within the workplace.
Your application will include the following questions:
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products is you experienced with?
- Which of the following ChemCert cards do you hold?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of experience do you have as a Farm Manager?
- Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?