Housekeeper/ Cleaner – Mississauga, Ontario
- Post Name: Housekeeper/ Cleaner
- Company Name: Compass Grou
- Industry: Private
- Employment type: Full Time
- Work Hours: 8 Hours
- Address: Mississauga, ON, Canada L4V 1W1
- Expected Salary: CAD 17 Hours
- Qualification: High School Diploma
Evening Cleaning Jobs Canada 2022 $17/Hour, You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global food service and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps, military installations, and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites, and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Why work with Restaurant Associates? Imagine joining a team that’s at the top of their game. Come to work at Restaurant Associates and learn from the pros how to serve thousands of visitors in some of the world’s best venues. Because of what we do, more than 30,000 guests enjoy an unforgettable experience every day. Learn. Grow. Serve. It’s a winning combination. Join us.
What’s in it for you?
- Extended health benefits after 6 months of full-time employment
- 2 weeks of paid vacation
- Willing to train
How you will make an impact:
You will be responsible for performing light cleaning duties that maintain the establishment in a clean and orderly manner.
As a Housekeeper, you will:
- Clean and disinfect areas and items such as surgical procedure areas, washrooms, operating room tables, stretchers, vents, interior windows, walls, glass, doors, and mirrors
- Strip, wash and make beds; collect and fold linen
- Damp mop hard floors and auto scrub as needed
- Check all primary areas, lobbies, stairwells, elevators/escalators, and mezzanines and clean as required
- Vacuum carpeted areas and complete carpet extraction as needed
- Remove all garbage from resident/patient rooms and common areas
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident and personnel information
- Maintain a safe environment at all times (e.g. use of wet floor signs)
- Perform duties according to health and safety guidelines
- Report all injuries and hazards to the supervisor immediately
- Responding to emergency cleanups as required
- Previous housekeeping experience, preferably in healthcare, hotel, or commercial cleaning, is an asset.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to be able to manage a heavy workload.
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Physical ability to perform all aspects of the job, including requirements to lift up to 20 pounds
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability, or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your interests outside of work?
- How would you describe yourself in three words?
- Why are you interested in housekeeping?
- How did you get into this career?
- What is your favorite housekeeping task?
- What is your least favorite housekeeping task?
- What is the most rewarding part of housekeeping?
- What skills should a housekeeper have?
- What skills help you be an effective housekeeper?
- What are your strengths related to housekeeping?
- What aspects of housekeeping could you improve on?
- Are you aware of how to ergonomically perform housekeeping duties?
- What does a good work environment look like to you?
- What challenges have you experienced as a housekeeper?
- What is one of your greatest accomplishments as a housekeeper?
- What responsibilities and tasks did you have in your previous job?