|Address||Manchester, England, United Kingdom M1 1LU|
Electrician Jobs in UK With Visa Sponsorship, To maintain the network, install all electrical equipment, street light column, bollards, signs, and feeder pillars this includes all associated wiring. Install cable cut-outs and lanterns and repair lanterns with interchangeable electronic components.
About the Role:
- Install all electrical equipment conforming to HEA and IEE 18th Edition wiring regulations
- Attend to routine street lighting faults
- Diagnose and replace failed components
- Carry out electrical inspection tests and install electrical equipment to 714 or equivalent
- Excavate for column, bollard, and sign foundations
- Block clean and change
- Make off SWA/PVC/Concentric insulated cable
- Record test results using certificates/handheld computer
- Commissioning of new lighting columns/bollards/lit signs
- Take part in out-of-hours emergency services on a call-out rota basis
- The post holder will attend all training deemed appropriate and will be expected to attend regular toolbox talks
- The post holder will be required to work on a stand-by rota
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table.
But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten, and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 14,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do.
We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defense estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utility services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which use engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges.
People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one.
You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. Please contact our recruitment team at Gemma.Denson@amey.co.uk to discuss any access needs and reasonable adjustments that may be required at any point during the recruitment process.
|Salary||GBP 31000 to GBP 45000 Per Year|
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||Diploma in Electrician|
What We Are Looking for:
- Driving Licence – car/C1E
- C/class 2 Driving Licence desirable
- City & Guilds Part 2 or equivalent in Electrical Installation works
- City & Guilds 2391 Electrical Inspection or equivalent
- Able to work at heights of up to 20 meters
- 18th Edition desirable
- Certification for Electrical testing
- HEA Competency Portfolio desirable
- Good round project management knowledge
- Ability to hand dig and excavate for streetlighting installations
- Experience in street lighting Installations and associate maintenance is desirable
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/written) and be able to manage stakeholders at all levels Technical competencies
- Emergency First Aid at Work (HSE)