Electrician Jobs in Australia With Sponsorship, Wood has a collaborative maintenance contract with Ampol to deliver leading maintenance services to their Lytton site.
We are seeking a casual Electrician to work on projects currently underway on site.
The successful candidate will complete upgrades and new installs, combined with the knowledge to perform maintenance and repairs of refinery electrical assets in a manner that protects the safety, health, and the environment.
Additionally, you will conform to appropriate standards, along with client quality requirements within appropriate time frames. You will ensure good housekeeping habits at all times and maintain a safe work site for yourself and your fellow workers.
|Address||Lytton, Queensland, Australia 4178|
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across the energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects, and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
The successful candidate will also:
- Understand and work with the site Permit System
- Ensure all SWMS (Safe Work Method Statements) are reviewed and understood and all associated paperwork is satisfactorily completed to Permit and Wood Quality Assurance requirements
- Plan all work, taking into account changing conditions, and report progress accurately
- Know, and perform, all electrical work by ASNZ 3000 standard and Hazardous Area standards ASNZ 60079
- Read and understand detailed electrical and mechanical drawings or specifications to plan and complete the task and ascertain the materials and equipment required
- Install cable tray and cable support systems, LV and instrumentation cabling, testing, Inspection, commissioning, and repairing electrical equipment and systems
- Complete Ampol / Wood quality documentation
- Safely connect and disconnect electrical equipment to power supplies.
This position requires an immediate start and all stated tickets must be current.
We will only consider applications from Australian citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region.
|Salary||AUD 70000 To AUD 80000 Per year|
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||Diploma in Electrician|
Skills / Qualifications
- Excellent troubleshooting capabilities
- Industrial project/construction experience is essential
- Previous maintenance experience in heavy industrial or refining will be considered favorably
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work well in a team.
- Current QLD Electrical Licence. Note – at this stage, we are not looking for the additional skill-set or qualification of instrumentation and control
- Installation and maintenance of electrical equipment in Hazardous Areas competency or refresher completed within last 2 years. Your EEHA ticket must be current
- Current CPR/LVR competency
- Current Working at Heights
- Current EWP High-Risk Licence is highly desirable
- Forklift High-Risk Licence beneficial.
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics by the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.