|Post Name||DevOps Engineer|
|Company Name||Cisco Systems|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Location||London, England, United Kingdom EC3M|
|Min Salary||GBP 56000 to|
|Max Salary||GBP 60000 Per Year|
|Qualification||Degree in BS/CS|
If you Want DevOps Jobs in London with Visa Sponsorship, Cisco Systems is offering an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a small, innovative team with a low process, high throughput culture.
The team is working on the Cisco Defense Orchestrator, which manages the policy and configuration of the Security Business Group’s firewalls. We are looking for an energetic DevOps engineer to contribute to all parts of our infrastructure stack.
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for the production process, including continuous delivery of features, infrastructure automation, configuration management, high availability, and related tooling. Candidates may also be expected to contribute to software development and testing.
- Participate as a technical contributor on a fast-paced project team of engineers involved in the development of SaaS security products;
- Continuously evolve cloud infrastructure, making it more resilient, scalable, and secure;
- Aggressively automate any and all manual procedures;
- Partner with the engineering organization to converge on common infrastructure setup, tooling, and deployment processes;
- Research and recommend technologies to help further product goals;
- Create innovative solutions for complex technical problems;
- Respond to and resolve infrastructure-related escalations.
- Manage and participate in on-call rotation, rotated through the engineering team.
- Interface with the greater Cisco technical support team.
- Proven ability to manage builds, releases, and deployment in a SaaS environment with a strict SLA;
- Extensive and proven experience with running production software in AWS at scale;
- Strong working knowledge of Linux-based systems;
- SaaS deployment and upgrade automation using configuration management tools such as Chef and/or Puppet;
- Infrastructure automation tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation;
- Automated application of configuration changes across multi-use environments (dev, test, staging, prod, etc);
- Create and manage a safe deployment procedure for new product changes across multiple environments;
- Ability to build SaaS monitoring solutions that detect and automatically remediate system faults;
- Setting up, configuring, maintaining, and evolving a continuous delivery environment using CI tools such as Jenkins/TeamCity/Bamboo/etc;
- General purpose language such as Ruby/Python plus shell scripting.
- SaaS operations such as maintenance, escalations & triage;
- Understanding of system security;
- Debugging and troubleshooting in a distributed environment;
- BS/CS with 5+ years of DevOps experience.
Desired Experience and Skills
- Agile software development;
- Development experience in an object-oriented language;
- Team player, with strong communication skills.
Cisco COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The health and safety of Cisco’s employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic.
Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required.
The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.
About Cisco Systems
Cisco helps seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the unconnected. An integral part of our DNA is creating long-lasting customer partnerships, working together to identify our customers’ needs and provide solutions that fuel their success.
We have preserved this keen focus on solving business challenges since our founding. Len Bosack and their wife Sandy Lerner, both working for Stanford University, wanted to email each other from their respective offices, but technological shortcomings did not allow such communication.
A technology had to be invented to deal with disparate local area protocols, and as a result of solving their challenge, the multiprotocol router was born.