Flight Attendant Hiring, At Delta, we move the people who move the world. With an industry-leading global network, Delta Air Lines and Delta Connection carriers offer service to 306 destinations in 52 countries on six continents. Recognized as the best in the business, our Flight Attendants touch the lives of our 180 million annual customers every day. Keep climbing and join us today with a career as a Flight Attendant!
We are searching for a professional and friendly flight attendant to oversee the safety and comfort of passengers aboard our flights. In this position, your chief goal will be to maximize revenue growth and improve customer satisfaction.
Your duties will include performing safety checks, attending pre-flight briefings, demonstrating safety routines, and serving snacks to passengers.
The ideal candidate will be customer service oriented and demonstrate excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills. To excel in this role, you should be fluent in English and available to work different work schedules.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Outstanding Flight Attendants are safety- and customer-centric professional who loves to be on the go, help others, and enjoy variety in their work.
You should be excited at the prospect of solving problems and going above and beyond assuring our customers leave with a positive experience. The idea of joining a company that connects the world and building a lasting career, while enjoying flight privileges that are the envy of the marketplace, should excite you!
|Post Name||Flight Attendant|
|Salary||USD 26000 To USD 30000 Per Year|
|Education Required||High School Diploma or GED|
What You Need to Know:
- Flights operate day and night and all year-round, Flight Attendants must be open to flexible hours, including nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours.
- Delta offers a competitive compensation package, and our benefits program includes health and insurance coverage, 401(k) with a company match, a profit-sharing program, and worldwide travel privileges.
- Prior to beginning your role, new hires must successfully complete six weeks of training located at our World Headquarters in Atlanta, GA. During this time, participants receive a training wage and some meals, as well as lodging for those who do not live within 2 hours of the training facility.
- Key Responsibilities of Our Flight Attendants:
- Ensure the safety and comfort of our customers while providing extraordinary customer service, at an altitude of at least 8,000 feet
- Provide assistance lifting and stowing luggage into overhead bins and soliciting assistance when needed
- Demonstrate the use of safety and emergency equipment and ensure safety requirements are met
- Prepare, serve, and sell beverages (including alcohol) and meals (which may include beef, pork, seafood, peanuts, etc.)
- Answer questions and assist customers when needed, particularly those with special needs
- Willingness to adhere to our uniform and appearance guidelines, including tattoos and piercings restrictions
- Actively seek to ensure customers are safe and comfortable when an aircraft experience delays or hits turbulence
- Administer and coordinate emergency procedures or provide emergency care (e.g., performing CPR and basic first aid) when needed
- Respond to and provide clear and accurate directions (verbally or non-verbally) to customers in the event of an emergency
- Make decisions to address issues keeping in line with Delta policies, procedures, and core values
- Work both independently and as part of a team to accomplish work tasks
- Meet timelines and handle unexpected changes in a time-sensitive and stressful environment
- Practice safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Be at least 21 years of age by August 1, 2022
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English fluently
Ability to acquire and keep current a passport and travel documents to freely enter and exit places where Delta flies. Must have a valid passport with a minimum of 28 months validity remaining before the first day of training. Additionally, non-US passport holders must be able to produce documents demonstrating their ability to exit and enter the United States without restriction.
- Complete a pre-employment Department of Transportation (DOT) drug test, and comprehensive background check, including a government-required fingerprint-based criminal history record check
- This is a physically demanding role that requires frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, reaching, and lifting (i.e., pushing/pulling beverage or food carts and lifting and opening emergency aircraft doors)
- Ability to sit in an assigned jump seat with seatbelt and shoulder harness fastened
- Ability to open emergency exits and close aircraft doors weighing up to 60 pounds and use of a food/beverage cart requiring 32lbs of force when pushing or pulling
- Ability to retrieve and store items in the overhead bins which can be as high as 74″ from the floor
Willingness to accept an assignment to any Flight Attendant base after graduation from training, as decided by the needs of the operation
- Flexibility to relocate or commute (i.e. standby travel) to and from your assigned base location and ability to fly both International and Domestic routes
- Must be willing to change and adapt to meet the demands of the job, including dealing with scheduling changes on short-notice
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or will receive the COVID-19 vaccine by the date of hire to be considered for a U.S.-based job
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS):
- 1 or more years of experience in jobs with responsibilities similar to those of a flight attendant
- Completion of a degree beyond high school or GED preferred
Delta Air Lines, Inc., typically referred to as Delta, is one of the major airlines of the United States and a legacy carrier. One of the world’s oldest airlines in operation, Delta is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
As a purpose-driven brand, we connect people to opportunities while expanding the understanding of our planet and the people within it. Both in the air and on the ground, we are focused on lowering our carbon footprint, furthering an equitable work environment that values diversity and inclusion, and living these values in the communities where we live, work, and serve.
There is no substitute for the power of travel to connect people, so we’ve committed to investing $1 billion by 2030 to reduce carbon emissions and waste, and establish new, innovative projects for a more sustainable future.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Location||Atlanta, Georgia, United States 30301|
Interview Questions for Flight Attendant:
- Why Do You Want to Become a Flight Attendant?
- What Makes Someone a Good Flight Attendant?
- Give Me an Example of How You Have Worked in a Team Setting.
- How Would You Handle a Passenger Who Will Not Comply With Flight Policies?
- What Would You Do to Calm a Passenger Who Was Anxious and Afraid to Fly?
- What Planes Are in Our Fleet and Where Are Our Major U.S. Hubs?
- Are You Prepared to Be Traveling Away From Home All the Time?
- Frame your answer in a story format.
- Talk about how you felt during the experience.
- Include flight attendant tasks in your answer.