|Post Name||Customer Support Engineer|
|Company Name||Cisco Systems|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Working Hours||8 Hour|
|Location||London, England, United Kingdom EC3M|
|Min. Salary||GBP 38000 to|
|Max. Salary||GBP 42000 Per Year|
Cisco Umbrella is looking for a Customer Support Engineer to join our Support Team in London. At Cisco Umbrella, Customer Support is marketing. Helping our customers is the best way to add value to our brand and you are our ambassador in this mission.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing medium-sized distributed team where you will be able to offer outstanding technical expertise for our established products (Cisco Umbrella and Cloudlock) used and loved by tens of millions around the world. You will also work on our newly released product, Secure Internet Gateway (SIG).
You will act like the customer’s paragon to ensure that Cisco Cloud Security provides them with the best possible experience.
- Respond to user technical support requests.
- Diagnose and provide solutions to technical issues.
- Research issues while maintaining communication with end-users.
- Advance issues to Tier II and Tier III support, as needed.
- Build end-user documentation and recommend procedure changes to improve efficiency.
- Multitask efficiently.
- Maintain composure in a fast-paced professional environment.
- Solving problems accurately, creatively, and efficiently.
- Communicate effectively.
- Work well in a distributed team environment.
- Multi-functional teamwork.
- Able to work weekends on a rotational schedule.
The Cloud Security support team delivers outstanding technical consulting and support to a large portion of Cisco’s customer base. Our vision is to drive customer dedication through compelling support experience and our team does this every single day by solving sophisticated, confusing, and often groundbreaking network security problems.
Do you want to innovate with us and impact the world in the constant fight for secure networking?
- You’ve achieved a Bachelor’s degree, or have accrued relevant past work experience, in a technical field (CS/CE/EE preferred) and have 2+ years of experience in network support.
- You have validated experience and a real passion for supporting network security products.
- You’re experienced at solving sophisticated networking issues and have a superb grasp of core networking theory.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills for answering technical inquiries with customer follow-up.
- You have the desire to expand your skills, and move into new areas.
- You are diligent in details and analytical.
- You hold a CCNA (R&S or Security) certification or have equivalent work experience.
- 2 years of job-related work experience.
- Product-specific support experience.
- Familiarity with troubleshooting/understanding LAN/WAN environments, Active Directory, DNS, and multiple OS platforms.
- Advanced Wireshark analysis.
- Web Proxy support experience.
- Familiarity with Firewall, ISR, or VPN.
- Familiarity with ZenDesk, and JIRA.
- Ability to prioritize and work responsibly with or without direct supervision.
At Cisco, each person brings outstanding talents to work as a team and makes a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, processes, data, and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals.
And we do it in style with outstanding personalities who aren’t afraid to change social norms. We are leaders with vision, tech enthusiasts, and digital content connoisseurs, and we even have a few purple-haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.