Job DescriptionAs the face of Tesco out on the road, our Customer Delivery Drivers get the opportunity to meet and talk to different customers in their homes every day. That’s why this role is about much more than just driving: it’s about helping others and delivering great service, with a smile. Its hands-on, physical, and full of variety. No two shifts are ever the same and our customers look for help in all kinds of different ways. For most of the day, you’ll feel like your own boss, delivering to your customers but there is always a team of managers and colleagues back at the store ready to support you when you need them. You’ll meet great people, learn new things and be part of a specialist, diverse team where everyone is welcome. Whether you are looking for stability or flexibility to suit your lifestyle, or the opportunity to progress your career, this can be the role for you.
|Post Name||Customer Delivery Driver|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Location||Feltham, England, United Kingdom TW14 0LH|
|Min Salary||GBP 36 to|
|Max Salary||GBP 36 Per Hour|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
You will be responsible for
- To serve your customers with a smile & take care of their deliveries as if they were your own
- Load your van where required and do regular checks to make sure it’s roadworthy
- Represent the Tesco brand whilst on UK roads.
- Drive safely, responsibly, and within the law.
You will need
- Passionate about delivering great customer service
- Friendly, approachable, and reliable
- Able to adapt to working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Able to adhere to the UK Domestic Driving Rules
- Calm under pressure
- A UK/EU/EEA Driving license (Full or Automatic only) for at least 12 months with no more than 3 penalty points.
What’s in it for you
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- 10% Discount Card increasing to 15% after every payment for a 4-day period
- Life assurance
- Retirement saving plan
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases
- Uniform provided
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer’s favorite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain’s shoppers a little better every day. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn’t changed. Customers want great products at a great value that they can buy easily and it’s our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it’s our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit. At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging. Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best. Across the Tesco group, we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities, and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.