Manager Jobs in Perth WA
Construction Jobs in Australia 2022, Perth Jobs for Indian Manager, Construction Manager Salary, With offices in Australia, Africa, Canada, and the Philippines, Lycopodium proudly delivers high-quality professional engineering and project delivery services globally, across the mining and metals; infrastructure, and process industries.
By joining our global team and learning from renowned subject matter experts, we can offer you a rich and diverse career. Lycopodium is currently looking for Construction Managers to join our growing Projects team.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Construction Manager is responsible for managing and directing the allocated project site activities and its resources to produce results in alignment with the Client’s and Project’s requirements.
This position is site-based (International), is set to run for approximately 18 months, and will be on a 6:2 roster. The opportunity is open to ex-pats located anywhere globally willing to commit to the travel requirements.
|Post Name||Construction Manager|
|Expected Salary||AUD 90000 To AUD 100000 Per Year|
|Address||Perth, Western Australia, Australia 6000|
- Maintaining the quality of output of the site team including alignment with Company, Client, regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Overseeing the construction team to ensure that they are performing to the highest standard.
- Ensuring the proper utilization of people, materials, machinery, and process to meet the client requirements within the timelines and budget.
- Regular communication with the Project Manager and providing weekly reports, updates, and feedback with regards to the construction.
- Overseeing that the procurement, purchasing, and transporting of various pieces of site equipment needed for the project are according to applicable rules and regulations.
- Advising the relevant Manager immediately of any safety or environmental, community, or industrial relations incidents as per approved Company policy and procedures.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||Degree or Diploma in Construction Management|
- Technical Certificate/Tertiary Education Qualification, Degree or Diploma in Construction Management (desirable) or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 15+ years experience in various aspects of Construction Supervision in the mineral processing construction and or related industries.
- Extremely well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to build and sustain positive relationships with all stakeholders, including clients, vendors and co-workers.
- Solid technical aptitude, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Provide mentoring and identify avenues of professional development and succession planning for personnel within your area(s) of responsibility.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision whilst consistently producing a high quality of deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve consistently high standards within both budgetary and schedule constraints.
After more than 25 years at the top of our engineering game, we have a portfolio of pioneering world firsts and a track record of delivering on time, on spec, and on budget. Ours is a story of partnerships and problem-solving that spans the world and a range of industries.
Intelligently, collaboratively and passionately. We look after our people and, in turn, our people put the project first. We do what we say. Always. We’re continually learning and improving. We acknowledge breaking points while pushing boundaries. And so, we can guarantee our performance, which is why our clients choose us time and again.
We apply science and ingenuity to process, engineering, construction management, maintenance, and operational challenges. We solve problems and mitigate or eliminate risk.
From concept to completion. From metals, minerals, energy, and renewables to road, rail, and port infrastructure. From the manufacturing and food and beverage sectors to chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and agriculture.
Interview Question for Construction Manager:
- Tell Us About Yourself
- What Are The Skills That a Construction Project Manager Must Possess?
- What Is Construction Project Management?
- What Are The Roles Of a Construction Project Manager?
- What Kind Of Construction Projects Are You Comfortable With?
- Are There Any Projects That You Would Not Prefer To Do?
- Imagine that the project you are supervising is starting to fall behind schedule or exceed the project’s budget. What actions would you take?
- What would you do if some of your workers were not using the necessary safety equipment? How would you handle it?
- Picture a conflict between an in-house engineer and an independent subcontractor. How would you resolve it?
- What would you do if a subcontractor was trying to change the terms of their contract in order to raise their compensation?
- Imagine that a tradesperson or worker disregarded your instructions for their part of the project. How would you respond?
- What factors would you consider before negotiating contracts or rates?
- What are the first steps of planning a construction project?
- How do you prioritize the necessary tasks of a project?
- What licenses are needed to begin a construction project? How would you obtain them?
- As a construction manager, which project management tools do you prefer and why?
- How do you structure a team for a construction product? Describe your criteria for hiring them.
- How do you know when a construction project is well-executed? What do you look for in quality control?