United Airlines Careers
- Post Name: General Manager – Liberia, Costa Rica
- Company Name: United Airline
- Industry: Private
- Employment type: Full Time
- Work Hours: 8 Hours
- Address: Liberia, Guanacaste, Costa Rica 00000
- Expected Salary: CRC 4260000 To CRC 5000000 Per Month
- Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree
At United, we fly into airports around the entire world. And we need a whole team of people to keep things running in tip-top shape. From the check-in counter to the departure gate, and even behind the scenes, our Airport Operations team keeps operations at our airports running smoothly every single day.
Key Responsibilities Jobs in Costa Rica for Foreigners:
- Responsible for day-to-day operational, financial, and personnel performance of assigned international outstation
- Establishes and implements goals and standards to maintain and control operational integrity, service levels, costs, and safety requirements.
- Identifies equipment, facilities, staffing, and training needs
- Participates as a team member to headquarters support organizations, as well as other United operating departments in coordinating their responsibilities
- Represents airport activities to host government federal, state, and local airport authority agencies along with TSA international field offices, U.S. aviation security representatives, and FAA
- Responsible for maintaining station facilities, equipment, and professional appearance standards for all United employees
- Responsible for performance management and ongoing professional development support of personnel and “dotted line” reports
- Responsible for compliance with Stations controls and Internal Audit standards
- Maintain strong working relationships with OAL/airport authorities/vendors/governmental authorities (FAA/TSA/CBP)/ internal divisions
- Manage vendor service contracts as the need arises
This position is offered on local terms and conditions. Expatriate assignments and sponsorship for employment visas, even on a time-limited visa status, will not be awarded.
United values diverse experiences, and perspectives, and we encourage everyone who meets the minimum qualifications to apply. While having the “desired” qualifications make for a stronger candidate, we encourage applicants who may not feel they check ALL of those boxes! We are always looking for individuals who will bring something new to the table!
What’s needed to succeed (Minimum Qualifications):
- College degree or relevant experience
- 2-4 years of relevant management experience in an Airport Services environment or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of airport operations including hub operations, terminal/ramp operations, and ATO and related technology
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced operational environment
- Knowledge of station controls and Internal Audit standards
- Strong communication and social skills with proficiency in English and Spanish (written and spoken)
- Proven track record to develop and motivate personnel
- Strong problem-solving skills and commitment to excellence
- Flexible to work all shifts and, when necessary, available 7 days a week/24 hours a day, including holidays and weekends, to deal with any operational and/or unforeseen situations
- Legally authorized to work in Costa Rica for any employer without sponsorship
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact JobAccommodations@united.com to request an accommodation.
- Why do you want to be a general manager?
- Describe a time you coached an employee to improve.
- What is your leadership style?
- How would you motivate employees to be more productive?
- Have you ever had to manage a team with limited resources?
- Why are you interested in our company?
- Tell us about a time you successfully completed a work project.
- How would you tell someone on your staff that they’re underperforming?
- How do you handle the stress of working in a fast-paced environment?
- What are some improvements you would make as a general manager?