Commercial Advisor Jobs in London
Commercial Advisor Jobs in London, This role sits within the Finance team supporting the Integrated Gas and Power (IGP) business which is part of bp’s Gas & low carbon energy business. You will be responsible for providing financial support to IGP to screen potential investment opportunities and to define and progress the most attractive investment decisions.
bp’s Integrated Gas and Power team drives the development of new markets in integrated gas and low carbon energy by developing downstream gas markets and gas-to-power value chains.
The team progressed infrastructure investments to capture demand/margins and create premium LNG shorts and also oversee bp’s interests in the current portfolio of strategic JVs which are Guangdong LNG terminal in China, GNA I & II in Brazil, and India Gas Solutions.
As the IGP Commercial Advisor, you will support and lead a broad range of business activities, including market analysis, opportunity screening, project economic analysis, deal shaping, business case development, and investment governance. You will be a critical member of the IGP team who will see all aspects of project development from inception to investment decisions.
|Post Name||Commercial Advisor|
|Expected Salary||GBP 42000 To GBP 45000 Per Year|
|Address||London, England United Kingdom SW1V 2RE|
- Build and manage economic models to ensure that they fairly reflect the business proposition and are compliant with bp’s policies
- Conduct market analysis on key growth markets in support of deal inception
- Perform economic screening of emerging opportunities to enable focus on the ‘best’ opportunities
- As part of cross-functional agile IGP squads, bring the economics lens to deal/project development, supporting the development of innovative commercial structures
- Work alongside Engineering Team to develop high-level cost estimates for Infrastructure solutions
- Support negotiations through understanding and communicating the economic implications of various trade-offs and positions
- Support the project financing process and interface with key lending institutions
- Coordinate investment governance and functional assurance processes as part of investment decision making
Essential Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics or equivalent business degree
- Experience in running project-level discounted cashflow models
- Proven track record of generating insightful commercial analysis to support the development of innovative commercial solutions in complex value chains
- Understanding of the wider energy industry with emphasis on gas, LNG, or power
- CFA, Chartered Accountant, or equivalent designations are a plus
- Knowledge of debt and equity structures, joint venture arrangements, and structured finance arrangements
- Ability to effectively influence, collaborate and build alignment with individuals and across multi-discipline and geographically dispersed teams
|Industry||Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics or equivalent business degree|
|Education Required||Bachelor’s Degree in Finance|
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
The world is changing fast and our industry is changing with it. The energy mix is shifting towards lower carbon sources, driven by technological advances and growing environmental concerns. In bp, we will help drive this transition – and our business will be transformed by it. We are continually looking for talented, committed, and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.