Civil Engineer (Water)
|Post Name||Civil Engineer (Water)|
|Company Name||WSP in the UK|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Working Hours||8 Hour|
|Location||Remote, United Kingdom|
|Min. Salary||GBP 40000 to|
|Max. Salary||GBP 45000 Per Year|
In today’s world, it’s important to work for a company that has a clear purpose, giving back to communities and supporting what is truly important in the world. When considering a career move it’s vital to work for a business that is aligned with your values and goals, a place where you can belong.
Your new role, what’s involved?
- Assisting with the technical design delivery and providing technical guidance to our water and wastewater project teams;
- Working within the regulated water industry with opportunities to cross into other industries;
- Developing, with training and support, your own technical skills toward becoming an industry expert;
- Ensuring efficient project delivery, supporting our project managers;
- Operating in accordance with corporate and regulatory health and safety, environment, and quality standards;
- Our Regulated Water Asset Design team works primarily in the municipal water sector. Our clients include some of the largest water companies in the UK, and contractors working in the sector.
- We deliver wastewater treatment, water treatment, sewerage, and water network schemes, as well as support other related industries.
- Our projects range in scope from routine network maintenance projects to some of the largest water projects in the UK. Our team is distributed across the UK and is supported by an outsourced team in India.
- As a Civil Engineer within the Asset Design team, you will work on a wide range of projects within the clean and waste sectors of the UK water industry.
- The team also works with overseas water companies and with private companies in the disposal of wastewater. Our dynamic team supports each other and rewards success. You will get a chance to work with other disciplines within the Asset design team as well as the wider WSP business.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A relevant degree and are professionally qualified or working towards Chartership with a membership of an applicable institution;
- An appetite to work on the edge, and push the boundaries of, your technical comfort zone;
- A solid background in engineering design related to water company infrastructure and non-infrastructure assets including civil design and specification with technical experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Wastewater infrastructure.
- Pumping stations and pressure pipelines.
- Sewer Overflows.
- Wastewater treatment plant.
- Clean water network design.
- An ability to coordinate with other disciplines and liaise effectively with clients and suppliers;
- A full UK or Irish Driving Licence (Essential);
- Good presentation, written, and verbal communication skills in English.
What’s in it for you?
- Work-life balance?
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of your life and making time for other things is important – be that your family, friends, or yourself. Our hybrid working policy allows the flexibility to work from the comfort of your own home as well as collaborate in our contemporary offices and share space collaboratively with our clients across the UK.
- Inclusivity & Diversity?
We want our people to achieve rewarding careers. At work, we celebrate integrity and treat people with respect. We support each other and embrace diversity to create a place where people come together and do great things.
- Health & Wellbeing?
We are committed to supporting our people, and giving you the tools to make improvements to your health and well-being through our Thrive program.
Med24 gives you and your family unrestricted telephone access to an NHS doctor. You can call day or night or have a face-to-face video consultation.
- Flex your time?
For improved work-life balance, WSP offers the “WSP Hour” which enables you to take one hour per day to do as you wish and make up the time earlier or later that day. We can also offer part-time work, where required.
- Your development?
We appreciate that development and training are important to you and that’s why we have a supportive environment that invests in your development, whether that’s charters, training, or mentoring.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candi
We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria, please let us know if you require any workplace adjustments in support of your application. Please note that WSP reserves the right to close the vacancy before the advertised closing