|Post Name||Product Analyst|
|Expected Salary||CAD 65000 To CAD 70000 Per Year|
|Address||Toronto, ON, Canada M5V 1X9|
What is ReturnBear?
Retail returns suck. We all hate packing, printing, and shipping unwanted items only to wait weeks for a refund. Retailers have it rough too. They have to figure out what has to be re-sold, refurbished, or recycled, and if they don’t figure it out fast enough, they might as well send everything to a landfill. Nobody wins.
This is why ReturnBear exists. We are Canada’s first end-to-end reverse logistics solution. Our nationwide drop-off network means immediate exchanges and returns with no re-packing. We sort and QA goods to get inventory back to merchants fast, giving retailers 20%+ savings and making consumers happier. We make returns easy for everyone and better for the planet.
Why Join Us?
- Redefine reverse logistics. We are pioneering how reverse logistics should be done in Canada, and are backed by large players like Cadillac Fairview and the Ontario Teacher’s Pension Plan. Join us to set the standard.
- Reduce carbon. As much as 30% of retail goods sold are returned. And when retailers can’t figure out how to make the process efficient, it becomes easier to just chuck items, creating landfill and waste. By joining ReturnBear, you are not only solving a clear pain point, you’re also helping the environment.
- Wildly improve customer experiences. Returns and exchanges can be better. They can be simple. They can be fast. They can be cost-effective. Help us design a new solution standard where customers can enjoy the peace of mind of knowing that their returns and exchanges can be handled instantly, while merchants get products back ready to resell faster than ever before.
We’re looking for a Product Analyst to help augment and implement ReturnBear’s suite of reverse-logistics products and solutions for enterprise clients. In this role, you’ll:
- Analyze product opportunities and use data to help prioritize implementation strategies
- Develop and share insights on product usage and customer support to help the team to continually improve product operations
- Build experiences for our merchants, their consumers, and our internal operations team that makes returns simpler for everyone
- Define product and integrations requirements and collaborate with Integrated Partners, Engineering, and Design to translate complex customer problems into simple, user-friendly solutions
- Support the onboarding and release management process including customer-facing release communications, triaging feedback from testing cycles, customer pilots, onboarding flows, and internal enablement.
- Develop customer-facing documentation and training materials to enable merchant onboarding and continuous support
- Write SQL queries to build analytics and reporting dashboards for our merchants
- Respond to customer support requests, including troubleshooting user problems and logging feedback
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||Bachelor’s Degree in Economics|
- Relevant experience, ideally in B2B SaaS, Retail/CPG Tech, or Logistics Technology working as a part of an agile product squad alongside a cross-functional delivery team including engineering, UX, and customer support
- Critical thinking skills, ability to balance competing priorities and come up with creative solutions
- You are detail-oriented and highly organized, you can easily break down a problem to find the root cause, and can track all tasks required to implement a solution.
- You are a self-starter that thrives in fast-paced environments, and can easily context-switch between translating business requirements into detailed user stories, performing acceptance testing on software changes, jumping on partnership calls, and whiteboarding user flows for new consumer experiences
- You like to keep a pulse on technology, industry, market, and competitive landscape to inform your product prioritization
- You’re comfortable operating in a technical environment and making decisions based on data
- Bonus if you have knowledge of Canadian retail, eCommerce, reverse logistics, supply chain, and related technology solutions
What We Look For
- Ownership mentality. “It’s their problem, not mine” doesn’t have a place here. You own the problems and challenges that you see and proactively work with your colleagues to turn them into opportunities. We’re in it together!
- Growth mindset. You learn from your mistakes and believe in human potential. It’s not that you can’t overcome the challenge you’re facing, it’s just that you haven’t overcome it yet. You appreciate the diverse thoughts and perspectives of your colleagues, partners, and clients, and you are committed to actively listening and learning.
- Getting things done. You are keen to do great work, and ship things often. “Done is better than perfect” might be something you believe in, and while you always strive to deliver what is best for you and your team, you realize that sometimes you’ll have to circle back on it to iterate and make improvements.
- Flexibility and comfort in ambiguity. You embrace the agile nature of design and development, and you are equally comfortable pivoting your plan and process as you are establishing a work-back schedule. Try as we might, things won’t always go as planned, and you always try to be ready to deal with that as it comes.
- Passion for the problems we’re solving. You understand how e-commerce and retail ecosystems are growing with emerging brands and solution providers, and you’re keen to make an impact not just on the lives of customers, but on the businesses of our merchant partners and on the environment as well. Together we can save merchants and their customers time and money, AND we can help keep returns out of landfills.
- Diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their background, sexuality, physical abilities, and ways of self-identification.
- Honing your craft, your way. We provide opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge. We work collaboratively and flexibly, with opportunities to shape a hybrid working style suited to your needs.
- All you can pop is bubble wrap. The popit craze has nothing on good ol’ bubble wrap. Pop your way to zen, in true reverse logistics style.