Storekeeper Jobs in San Francisco
- Post Name: Storekeeper
- Company Name: United Airlines
- Industry: Private
- Employment type: Full Time
- Work Hours: 8 Hours
- Address: San Francisco, California, United States 94016
- Expected Salary: USD 37000 To USD 40000 Per Year
- Qualification: High School Diploma or GED
City of San Francisco Jobs, San Francisco Jobs, There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another.
It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce.
And we’re growing – in the years ahead, we’ll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our careers include a competitive benefits package aimed at keeping you happy, healthy, and well-traveled.
From employee-run “Business Resource Group” communities to world-class benefits like parental leave, 401k, and privileges like space available for travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind place to work. Are you ready to travel the world?
At United, we have some of the best aircraft in the world. Our Technical Operations team is full of aircraft maintenance technicians, engineers, planners, ground equipment and facilities professionals, and supply chain teams that help make sure they’re well taken care of and ready to get our customers to their desired destinations. If you’re ready to work on our planes, join our Tech Ops experts and help keep our fleet in tip-top shape.
Key Responsibilities Jobs in San Francisco CA:
- Performs work generally recognized as Storekeeper’s work in storeroom areas located in maintenance bases and line operations including receiving, issuing, provisioning, checking, classifying, inventorying, and storing supplies, equipment, parts, and materials
- Opening, packaging, and sealing boxes and crates
- Work may be performed indoors and outdoors where employees may be exposed to a wide variety of weather conditions, noises and fumes, and machinery
- Performance of duties will include climb & work from ladders, bending & stoop in confined areas and standing and/or walking for extended periods of time
- Heavy lifting, pushing and pulling in the loading and unloading of trucks, carts, and conveyors
- Fueling assigned vehicles
- Transporting parts and materials between various locations, sorting and counting items, and preparing labels and related ticketing documents
- Reading and interpreting documents or instructions to build kits for use in aircraft change orders, first aid, in-flight and charter services
- Responsibility for maintaining an orderly and safe work area and maintaining familiarity with operating procedures, general rules, and regulations
- Operating a variety of equipment with manual and automatic transmissions including forklifts, trucks, tractors, tugs, and electric carts
- Working with hand tools, such as remote computer terminal sets, bag sealers, saws, mobile radios, shears, knives, and staplers
- Handling hazardous materials, flammable materials, and/or hazardous waste
- Converting units of weights and measurements
- Using a computer to track inventory
United values diverse experiences, and perspectives, and we encourage everyone who meets the minimum qualifications to apply. While having the “desired” qualifications make for a stronger candidate, we encourage applicants who may not feel they check ALL of those boxes! We are always looking for individuals who will bring something new to the table!
What’s needed to succeed san francisco highest salaries:
- High School Diploma, GED, or education equivalent
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Basic ability to convert units of weights and measurements
- Must possess a valid state-issued driver’s license (suspended, expired, revoked, or denied are not considered valid) and have an acceptable driving record
- Must be flexible and willing to work any shift in a 24 hour/7 day week operation including early mornings, afternoons, late nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of testing/interview required to meet job qualifications
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
What will help you propel from the pack united airlines employment:
- Previous work in jobs requiring heavy lifting and safety awareness
- Previous warehouse or related experience
- Forklift operation experience
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suites (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proficient computer skills
- Inventory experience
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions.
- Why Are You Interested In This Role?
- What Are The Roles Of A Storekeeper?
- What Are The Qualities That A Storekeeper Should Possess To Be Effective?
- What Major Challenge Did You Face During Your Last Role? How Did You Manage?
- Describe Your Daily Routine As A Storekeeper
- Describe Briefly About Your Storekeeping Experience
- What Kind Of Strategies And Mindset Is Required For This Role?
- What Is The Biggest Challenge That You Foresee With This Job?
- How Do You Stay Motivated At Work?
- Describe A Time You Failed In This Role And The Lesson You Learned.
- How Would You Handle An Angry Customer?
- Have You Ever Solved A Conflict Between Two Colleagues? If Yes, How?
- How Do You Motivate Employees?
- How Do You Stay Fit To Attend Physical Activities In The Workplace?
- Is There A Time When Your Patience Was Tested? How Did You React?
- What Are Some Of The Software That You Are Familiar With?
- What Did You Do To Increase Revenues, Reduce Costs, Or Save Time At Your Previous Working Stations?
- How Well Can You Work Under Pressure?