Driver Jobs in Ottawa Ontario
City of Ottawa Jobs, Full Time Jobs in Ottawa, Coke Canada Bottling Bulk Drivers are responsible for the delivery of pre-ordered products to assigned accounts. This is a long-haul role and requires overnights. This is a short-haul role and all driving will be locally based.
Drivers are responsible for delivering packages to clients in a timely manner, working on nights and weekends, and ensuring that vehicles are always ready for use, among other duties.
Drivers will need to lift heavy objects and load them into their vehicles, requiring upper body strength and physical stamina. Driver responsibilities include arranging regular cleaning and maintenance services for the vehicle, planning each route based on road and traffic conditions, and managing payments.
Ultimately, you will help us increase customer satisfaction, making sure clients depend on us for their transportation needs. To be considered for this role, you should have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record with no traffic violations. Note that you don’t need to have a car; we provide drivers with our own vehicles.
|Post Name||Driver Merchandiser FT|
|Company Name||Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited|
|Expected Salary||CAD 16 To CAD 18 Per Hour|
|Address||Ottawa, ON, Canada K1G 6V7|
- Shift: AM, PM, or overnight
- Deliver pre-ordered products to customers on the assigned route using a Coke Canada Bottling fleet truck
- Check accuracy and stability of truckload
- Follow all Coke Canada Bottling and Store policies regarding equipment and safety
- Maintain professional relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Repetitively lift, carry, and position product (weight up to 50lbs or 22kgs) above shoulder height without assistance – most routes require the product to be offloaded and brought into the customer location.
- Merchandising products into customer locations as needed
- Ability to push and pull manual and powered equipment (i.e. pallet jack, hand-truck, etc.) containing product loads for a minimum of 100 yards without assistance
- Collect company property
- Follow all Coke Canada Bottling and Store policies regarding backroom, display floor, replenishment, equipment, and safety
- Maintain professional relationships with co-workers and customers
- Commercial License with Air (Class 1 or AZ) with no major violations over the last three (3) years
- One (1) plus year of commercial driving experience
- One to three years of general work experience
- Local delivery experience preferred
- Ability to repetitively lift, carry, and position product (weight up to 50lbs or 22kgs) above shoulder height without assistance
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||High School Diploma|
Proudly Canadian and Independently Owned, we are Coke Canada Bottling!
Coke Canada Bottling is Canada’s premier bottling company. We are an independently owned business encompassing over 5,800 associates, more than 50 sales and distribution centers, and five production facilities nationwide.
We have a 120-year heritage of manufacturing, marketing, selling, and distributing the major branded ready-to-drink products Canadians love.
We pride ourselves on building diverse and sustainable relationships with our customers, consumers, stakeholders, and communities through our shared values: lead with an entrepreneurial mindset, collaboration, integrity, accountability, quality, and safety.
Our Vision is to be the Greatest Bottling Company Built by the Best People and our Daily Mission is to build a better future and deliver optimism to our employees. customers, consumers, and communities.
We have close, local connections with the communities in which we operate. We proudly make, distribute, merchandise, and sell the most loved beverages Canadians enjoy.
We are determined to make a positive difference in our local communities and responsibly manage our footprint while we build a multi-generational business that is focused on the future.
Interview Questions for Driver:
- Tell Us About Yourself
- Why Do You Think You Are the Right Fit for this Job
- What Tasks Do You Perform in Your Current Position as a Driver?
- How is Your Driving Record?
- What Type of Vehicle Maintenance Can You Perform?
- Suppose Your Customer Gets Furious Due to a Change in Direction. How Would You Handle The Situation?
- Have You Ever Been Forced By Situations Not to Report to Work?
- What’s the Highest Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving?
- Are You Comfortable Working in Night Shifts in Case of an Urgent Customer?
- Why Did You Decide to Pursue Driving as Your Career?
- Tell Us a Circumstance Where Your Skills as a Driver Were Truly Tested
- How Do You View a Responsible Driver?
- In What Manner Would You Include Technological Appliances in Your Job?
- Do You Have a Vehicle of Your Own?
- How Patient Are You With Your Job?
- How Familiar are You With the Town?
- What is the Most Difficult Part You Have Encountered as a Driver?
- What Category of Vehicle Do You Drive?
- Briefly Explain How You Adjust Travel Routes.
- Where Will You Be Ten Years from Now?