Cigna Employment, Cigna Careers Work From Home APPLY NOW!!
Cigna Employment, Cigna Careers Work From Home APPLY NOW!!, Alegis Care, a division of Cigna, is the premier home-based healthcare solution for patients and families facing chronic, complex, and life-threatening illnesses.
We are an innovative, multi-specialty practice experiencing tremendous growth nationwide. We offer patients and families a complete population health model, focusing our practice on caring for patients across the continuum of complex and serious illnesses.
Utilizing telephonic and virtual outreach methods, the Alegis Care Social Worker is responsible for coordinating with patients and key clinical partners to aid in the delivery of cost-effective, high-quality health care.
The social worker will support Alegis Care programs aimed at meeting the complex needs of our clients in a variety of markets including advanced care planning, psychosocial support, and behavioral health assessments.
Social workers may provide cross coverage between programs which may entail licensing in additional states to meet business needs. Alegis Social Workers may be consulted to provide educational training to clinical staff, as needed.
|Post Name||Chronic Care Social Worker (Remote) – Alegis|
|Expected Salary||USD 23 To USD 25 Per Hour|
|Address||Work From Home, United States|
Key Responsibilities for Cigna Customer Service Jobs:
- Identify and address issues that impede the patient’s ability to adhere to their medical care plan by levering knowledge of health plan benefits and community resources.
- Interfaces with the care team to facilitate effective communication, referrals, and the development of an integrated care plan.
- Conducts telephonic evaluations and screenings as necessary and documents findings in a timely manner
- Monitors and evaluates that the plan remains appropriate. Extends revises or closes treatment plans as appropriate.
- Attends clinical rounds to collaborate with the clinical care team to achieve identified patient outcomes.
- Communicates in writing to the appropriate parties regarding case management decisions.
- Engages patient and family in goals of care conversations and advance care planning and provides caregiver support, as needed.
- Understands and follows administrative guidelines (policy and procedure) of Alegis Care.
- Managing monthly productivity reports
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Excellent time management, organizational, research, analytical, negotiation, communication (oral and written), and interpersonal skills
- Strong skills in the following areas: teamwork, conflict management, assessment of complex issues, ability to recommend changes and resolve problems through the effective decision making
- Knowledge of managed care and utilization review requirements and procedures.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to culturally diverse situations, participants, and customers
- Ability to work within changing business environment and balance business needs with patient advocacy
- Demonstrated ability to coach and educate other staff
- Management of local community-based resources that may meet the needs of patients
- Demonstrate effective organizational skills and flexibility to meet the business needs
- Strong personal computer skills, EMR experience, MS word, Excel, Outlook experience, and Internet research desired
|Education Required||High School Diploma|
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
Minimum Qualifications (Include Licensure as applicable)
- Current Licensure as an LCSW in the state of practice or where Alegis Care has a chronic care footprint(MD/PA/TN/IL/TX/AL); Expectation to sit/apply for cross-licensure in additional states within 90-120 days of hire date. (Licensure costs to be covered upon hire.)
- Three (3) to five (5) years of recent clinical experience
Preferred Qualifications (Experience)
- Clinical experience in acute care, a clinical setting, or in case of management including experience/expertise in one of the following selected fields of social work:
- Hospital/Community Coordination of Care
- Skilled Nursing/Rehabilitation/ Long Term Care
- Managed Care/Geriatric Social Work
- Home Health/Hospice/Palliative
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Manages Ambiguity– Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
- Courage – Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said
- Manages Complexity – Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Demonstrates Self–Awareness– using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Situational Adaptability– Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
For this position, we anticipate offering an annual salary of $53,600 – $89,400, depending on relevant factors, including experience and geographic location.
This role is also anticipated to be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan.
Helping our customers achieve healthier, more secure lives is at the heart of what we do. While you take care of our customers, we’ll take care of you through a comprehensive benefits program that helps you be at your best.
Starting on day one of your employment, you’ll be offered several health-related benefits including medical, vision, dental, and best-in-class well-being and behavioral health programs.
We also offer 401(k) with company match, company-paid life insurance, tuition reimbursement, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off per year, and dozens of corporate discounts on essentials you use every day.
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being, and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions.
Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas, and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy), or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Cigna has a tobacco-free policy and reserves the right not to hire tobacco/nicotine users in states where that is legally permissible. Candidates in such states who use tobacco/nicotine will not be considered for employment unless they enter a qualifying smoking cessation program prior to the start of their employment.
These states include Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Washington State.