Chef Jobs in Singapore with Visa Sponsorship, The Chef-de-Partie will assist the Junior Sous Chef in the supervision of the kitchen associate, to ensure food preparation is done according to Marriott Standards of food quality, presentation, and sanitation.
To ensure success in your role as a chef, you should be an excellent leader with great organizational skills and impeccable time management. Top candidates will also be creative individuals, capable of creating dishes that set us apart and keep people coming back for more.
|Post Name||Chef de Partie|
|Salary||SGD 2000 To SGD 3000 Per Month|
|Education Required||High School Diploma|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Essential Functions:
- Responsible for maintenance and supervising good housekeeping practices in all food production areas (including walk-ins and freezers), strictly enforcing the “clean as you go” policy. Ensure compliance with local and state regulations.
- Ensure that all workstations at the beginning and end of each shift are adequately set up or broken down for all meal periods. Coordinate this responsibility with the Food Production Managers through a daily log book and turnover meeting.
- Constantly spot-check food and quality service during all meal periods to ensure the foods served to meet our portion control and quality standards. Perform as an expediter during peak meal periods.
- Good communication with Sous Chef, Junior Sous Chef, Pastry Chef, and Section Chef-de-Partie.
- Participate in developing A-La-Carte Menu, buffet menu, and 15 minutes training program.
- Ensure 39 points checklist is being followed.
- Understand the job descriptions of all associates.
- Supervise and assist in total food production effort.
- Assist in the training and development of associates.
- Each associate is expected to carry out all reasonable requests by management that the associate is capable of performing.
- Report all records as steak charts, roast meat charts, production charts, etc.
- Ensure sanitation of all areas.
- Control food waste and loss. Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems.
- Conduct 15 minutes training.
- Regulating report all needed maintenance projects to the Junior Sous Chef/ Sous Chef.
- Ensure that associates are at their stations on time in the correct uniform and wearing a hat or hair net.
- Maintain proper parts, and maintain top-quality freshness.
- Ensure that all stations are properly cleaned at the end of each shift.
- Any other duties may be assigned from time to time.
- Candidate must possess at least Professional Certificate/ NiTEC, culinary certificate, or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in the same capacity
- Able to cope in a face paced environment
- Good team player and team builder
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
Marriott International is an equal-opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International’s portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Interview Question for Chef de Partie:
- Are you comfortable working in a fast-paced kitchen environment?
- What are your favorite and least favorite aspects of being a chef de partie?
- How do you manage stress while working in a busy kitchen?
- What is your favorite dish to prepare, and why?
- Provide an example of a time when you had to manage a difficult customer or client.
- If we visited your station during service, what would we see you doing?
- What would you do if you noticed a fellow chef de partie skipping steps when preparing a dish?
- How well do you communicate with other kitchen staff, such as bakers and dishwashers?
- Do you have any experience working with seasonal ingredients?
- When preparing a complex dish, what is your process for ensuring each step is completed correctly?
- We want to improve our menu by adding more vegetarian options. What would you suggest as a vegetarian-friendly dish to add to our menu?
- Describe your experience with food presentation.
- What makes you stand out from other chefs?
- Which other restaurants do you admire, and why?
- What do you think is the most important skill for a chef de partie to have?
- How often do you update your cooking knowledge and skills?