Chef Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
Chef Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship, As part of the Scotia Bank Arena Culinary team, you will be responsible for the creation and service of outstanding food as well as providing first-rate customer service.
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top-quality sports and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences.
We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts, and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre.
We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub, and Platinum Club).
Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose – to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
|Post Name||Sous Chef, Quick Service|
|Expected Salary||CAD 18 To CAD 20 Per Hour|
|Address||Toronto, ON, Canada M5J 3A5|
Responsibilities Chef Jobs in Canada for Indian:
- Train & manage the Quick Service culinary team on a daily basis
- Schedule staff according to current CBA guidelines
- Coordinate all food ordering and requisitions for concession requirements with purchasing department
- Work with Chef de Cuisine and Head Chef to create exciting new menu ideas for MLSE concessions that excite the fans
- Work with Managers to ensure correct transfers and end-of-night reports properly reflect our revenue and sales
- Manage food costs and operating expenses effectively
- Provide outstanding customer service and food quality satisfaction
- Must be well versed in Food Safety and be able to train cooks and hold them accountable in all aspects
- Actively participate in all relevant MLSE departmental meetings
- Assist with other related functions as assigned by Quick Service Director, Culinary Director, Head Chef QS, and QS Managers
- Promote MLSE core Elevate values into all aspects of daily routine
Qualifications Chef Jobs in Canada for Foreigners:
- Journeyman’s Cooks Papers (or equivalent in practical experience).
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience within a stadium or high-volume restaurant
- Experience in food costing and menu development
- Knowledge of beverage service and alcohol policy
- Experience in large quantity cooking and high-volume line expediting
- Ongoing awareness and responsiveness to client satisfaction.
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills, where building a rapport comes naturally
- Proficient in MS Office and Restaurant POS
- Understanding of Industry business principles
- Committed to working evenings/weekends as required
- A professional, winning attitude
|Education Required||High School Diploma|
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
Additional Information Chef Jobs in Canada for Immigrants:
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need accommodation due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
- Are you comfortable working in a fast-paced kitchen environment?
- What are your favorite and least favorite aspects of being a chef de partie?
- How do you manage stress while working in a busy kitchen?
- What is your favorite dish to prepare, and why?
- Provide an example of a time when you had to manage a difficult customer or client.
- If we visited your station during service, what would we see you doing?
- What would you do if you noticed a fellow chef de partie skipping steps when preparing a dish?
- How well do you communicate with other kitchen staff, such as bakers and dishwashers?
- Do you have any experience working with seasonal ingredients?
- When preparing a complex dish, what is your process for ensuring each step is completed correctly?
- We want to improve our menu by adding more vegetarian options. What would you suggest as a vegetarian-friendly dish to add to our menu?
- Describe your experience with food presentation.
- What makes you stand out from other chefs?
- Which other restaurants do you admire, and why?
- What do you think is the most important skill for a chef de partie to have?
- How often do you update your cooking knowledge and skills?