Live In, Visa Sponsorship Caregiver Jobs in Canada
Caregiver Jobs With Visa Sponsorship In Canada, The Caregiver helps patients stay in their homes by monitoring and reporting on a patient’s condition, providing support and personal services, and educating patients and family members. The Full-Time Staff Aide must be flexible with regard to patient assignments and available on a full-time basis to accept assignments as patient needs arise.
Access Community-Based Services, a part of LHC Group, is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians, and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home.
Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians, and families choose LHC Group because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It’s all about helping people.
|Post Name||Caregiver – Weekly Pay|
|Company Name||LHC Group|
|Expected Salary||CAD 23 To CAD 25 Per Hour|
|Address||Waynesville, NC, United States 28785|
Essential Functions for Caregiver Jobs in Canada (Sponsorship):
- Consistently and reliably accepts patient assignments based on patient and agency needs.
- Available on designated work days.
- Follows all policies and procedures of LHC Group and agency, as well as all applicable federal, state, and local requirements.
- Understands and complies with HIPAA and any other confidentiality obligations.
- Accurate and timely documentation of hours worked.
- Accurate and timely documentation of services performed.
- Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental condition and exercise.
- Accurate and timely reporting of observations of the patient’s condition to the appropriate supervisor including immediate notification of any incidents, accidents, or unusual conditions.
- Effective utilization of the Electronic Visit Verification or other visit documentation program as applicable.
- Competent provision of and/or assistance with activities of daily living as applicable including bathing, dental care, nail care, filing only, skin care including peri care, and lotion application.
- Safe transfer of the patient from bed to chair and to a wheelchair.
- Safe transfer of patients on and off bedpan and/or toilet.
- Documents all client-related activities in a timely manner.
- Assists patient with bedtime preparations including personal care, dressing, positioning, and medication reminders.
- Supports patients by providing housekeeping and laundry services, shopping for food and other household requirements, preparing and serving meals and snacks, and running errands.
- Assists with ambulation including with cane, walker, or crutches, if appropriate, and helps patients care for themselves.
- Accompanies client to medical appointments.
- Measures and records oral, rectal, and auxiliary temperatures, pulse and respiration, and blood pressure when ordered within the training limitations.
- Prepares meals as required based upon the patient’s preferred or prescribed diet and assists with feeding as needed.
- Provides a clean and safe environment within the home including safe use of equipment needed by the patient.
- Responds promptly and professionally to client requests.
- Helps family members care for the patient by teaching appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient cleanliness, and housekeeping.
- Participates in required agency meetings and in-service presentations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Performs other job-related tasks and duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Prior experience in home care preferred.
- Current Drivers License, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||High School Diploma|
Skills for Caregiver Full Time With Visa Sponsorship Jobs near Canada:
- Proven experience as a caregiver
- Excellent knowledge of emergency response and first aid (CPR)
- Knowledge of housekeeping activities and cooking with attention to dietary constraints
- Willingness to adhere to health and safety standards
- Respectful and compassionate
- Good time management skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ethics
- Physical endurance
- High school diploma or equivalent
LHC Group, Inc. is a national provider of in-home healthcare services and innovations for communities around the nation, offering quality, value-based healthcare to patients primarily within the comfort and privacy of their home or place of residence.
The company’s 29,000 employees deliver home health, hospice, home- and community-based services, and facility-based care in 37 states and the District of Columbia – reaching 68 percent of the U.S. population aged 65 and older.
Through Imperium Health, the company’s ACO management and enablement company, LHC Group helps partners improve both savings and patient outcomes with a value-based approach.
As the preferred joint venture partner for more than 400 leading U.S. hospitals and health systems, LHC Group works in cooperation with providers to customize each partnership and reach more patients and families with an effective and efficient model of care.
Interview Questions for Caregivers:
- How do your skills relate to this job?
- What was the hardest or easiest part about leaving your last position?
- What makes you a good caregiver?
- What is your biggest struggle when caring for seniors, or what do you think it will be, and how do you, or would you overcome that?
- What are your proudest achievements professionally and personally?
- What experience do you have working with clients with Alzheimer’s? Dementia? Chronic illnesses?
- Are you certified to perform CPR?
- Do you have a driver’s license? Do you have reliable transportation and insurance? How far can you drive to tend to clients?
- What specialized certifications do you have/would you like to pursue?
- How do you summon patience when you’re feeling frustrated?
- Describe a time when you faced a challenging client and how you resolved the situation.
- Tell me about a time you made a mistake at work and how you handled the feedback.
- Are you comfortable performing care/hygiene tasks for clients?