Personal Caregiver Jobs In Ontario
- Post Name: Personal Caregiver
- Company Name: Bayshore HealthCare
- Industry: Private
- Employment type: Full Time
- Work Hours: 8 Hours
- Address: Timmins, Ontario, Canada P0M 1T0
- Expected Salary: CAD 20 To CAD 22 Per Hour
- Qualification: High School Diploma or GED
Flexible, casual home and community care job. A personal Support Worker (PSW) or Health Care Aide (HCA) Certificate is welcome, but not required.
Available locations: Timmins, Smooth Rock Falls, Iroquois Falls, Matheson, Gogama, Chapleau
Caregiver Jobs In Ontario 2022/2023 Apply Now!, Bayshore is growing and we are seeking dedicated Personal Caregivers. Join our amazing team as we continue our 50+ year tradition of providing high-quality care to our community. We offer you the chance to make a difference and do meaningful work within the settings and schedules that match your needs and interests.
At Bayshore, you create special moments for clients every day. If your calling is to “be the difference” by providing outstanding care, then a Health Care Career with Bayshore is the Perfect Fit for YOU!
Bayshore strives to take good care of you – while you take care of others:
- Feel rewarded for doing what you love – Do you want to make a difference and get back to the fundamentals of caring? We will empower you to do work you are passionate about with autonomy and support from experienced colleagues and supervisors. We offer competitive pay and comprehensive company-sponsored benefits for you and your family
- Chart your path – Take charge of your day and manage what’s important to you. We offer work flexibility designed to empower you. As a Caregiver with Bayshore, choose the number of hours you want to work and a schedule that compliments your lifestyle
- Shape the well-being of your clients & communities – Take control and use your experience to create special moments for your clients and help us build better communities
- Realize your full potential – We are committed to helping you realize the future you desire and we achieve this through a wide variety of work options, continuous learning, and access to healthcare experts
- Work in a safe and healthy work environment – We take health & safety seriously. We provide personal protective equipment (PPE), relevant training in line with evolving health guidelines, and daily infection prevention screening of clients and workers to help prevent exposures to COVID-19
The Work You Will Do
- As a Personal Caregiver, you provide high-quality and compassionate care to your clients in the community
- Provide standard care services and assistance with basic and instrumental activities of daily living (ADL/IADLs), as well as specialized, client-specific support when required. Examples include providing personal companionship, meal prep, housekeeping, personal care, medication reminders, respite care, dementia care, hospital discharge, and palliative care to clients on a one-on-one basis in their homes or community setting.
- Ensure on an ongoing basis that the emotional, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent
Who You Are
- You have a desire to help improve the lives of those in your community
- You are dedicated to providing high-quality care services to clients and knowledge of practices for community care
- You have a reliable mode of transportation
- Do you have a clear Vulnerable Sector Check or willing to get
- You have completed a formal, accredited caregiver training program and/or a combination of equivalent education and experience
- You have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada**
- Bayshore is committed to a high-quality and safe environment for both our staff and clients/patients. At Bayshore all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the official start date of hire. Medical exemptions or any other kinds of requested exemptions based upon the Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Bayshore is in accordance with provincial Accessibility regulations as well as Provincial Human Rights Code legislation.
About Bayshore HealthCare:
At Bayshore, we believe in creating special moments for our clients each and every day, whether at the bedside, on the phone, or in the clinic. These moments touch the lives of our clients and our employees, and they guide the way we run our business. These moments inspire, change and encourage us. They are what we call the Bayshore difference.
Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country’s leading providers of home and community health care services and is a Canadian-owned company. Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada’s Best Managed Companies award since 2006 and is an Imagine Canada Caring Company, committed to the communities we serve.
- How do your skills relate to this job?
- What was the hardest or easiest part about leaving your last position?
- What makes you a good caregiver?
- What is your biggest struggle when caring for seniors, or what do you think it will be, and how do you, or would you overcome that?
- What are your proudest achievements professionally and personally?
- What experience do you have working with clients with Alzheimer’s? Dementia? Chronic illnesses?
- Are you certified to perform CPR?
- Do you have a driver’s license? Do you have reliable transportation and insurance? How far can you drive to tend to clients?
- What specialized certifications do you have/would you like to pursue?
- How do you summon patience when you’re feeling frustrated?
- Describe a time when you faced a challenging client and how you resolved the situation.
- Tell me about a time you made a mistake at work and how you handled the feedback.
- Are you comfortable performing care/hygiene tasks for clients?
- What do you hope to do differently at your next job than you’ve done in the past?