Caregiver Jobs in New Zealand with Sponsorship
- Excellent hourly rates and allowance on offer
- A friendly supportive team that can train you- all levels considered
- Located in the heart of Whangarei
- Join an organization that cares about you and your growth
- We can provide visa support as an Accredited employer
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Location||Whangarei, Northland, New Zealand 0110|
|Min Salary||NZD 22.49|
|Max Salary||NZD 28.25 Per Hour|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
About the role
We’re looking for several Caregivers to join our Metlifecare Park Village, Whangarei. Our village offers Resthome, hospital, and dementia-level care. Reporting to the Village and Care Manager, you’ll be working under the direction of our Registered Nurses providing high standards of care and support to our residents in our Care Units.
We offer $$22.49 to $28.25 an hour based on your qualification level as recognized through NZQA, and we will support you to gain, or further your qualification level if required, offering you great career growth opportunities. We can provide visa support as an Accredited employer if required.
We have 4 shifts currently available working in Jacaranda Court Dementia unit as follows:
- Friday to Tuesday 9 am to 1 pm = 17.5hrs week
- Tuesday to Saturday 11 pm to 7 am = 37.5hrs week
- Sunday to Thursday 5 pm to 9 pm = 17.5hrs week
- Sunday & Monday 11pm to 7am = 15hrs week
Some of the great things you will be doing:
- Provide exceptional care to our residents
- Ensuring they feel safe, supported, and comfortable
- Working under the guidance of our registered nurses
- Ensuring all health guidelines are followed
We are looking for someone with the right attitude excellent communication skills and who can work as part of a team to provide a high level of care.
- Previous Dementia experience and/or Dementia qualifications would be advantageous
- Careerforce Health and Wellbeing qualification will be advantageous, but not essential
- A good level of fitness
- Previous experience in aged care or working with the elderly is preferred
- Empathy and a love of making a difference in our residents’ lives
- Bright, breezy “can do” attitude and a team focus
Interview Questions for Caregivers
- Why Are You Interested In This Role? What Are The Roles Of A Care Worker?
- What Are The Qualities That A Care Worker Needs To Be Successful?
- What Major Challenges Did You Face During Your Last Role? How Did You Manage Them?
- Describe Your Daily Routine As A Care Worker.
- Describe Briefly About Your Experience.
- What Kind Of Strategy And Mindset Is Required For This Role?
- What Is The Biggest Challenge That You Foresee In This Role?
- How Do You Stay Motivated In your Work?
- Describe A Time When You Failed In This Role And The Lesson Learnt?
- Why Do You Feel You Are Most Suited For This Role?
- Share With Us Your Greatest Achievement.
- Describe The Impact Of the Care Worker?
- What’s The Difference Between Working With An Old And A Disabled Patient?
- How Would You Respond To a Patient’s Emergency?
- What Is Your Opinion On Confidentiality?