What are some of the typical questions you ask when investigating a claim?
This is an operational question. The interviewer is trying to determine how you go about performing the duties of this job. Operational questions are best answered directly with a brief description of the steps you take to accomplish the task about which they are asking.
Canada Remote Jobs, Remote Jobs Canada 2022, Online Jobs Canada $ 25 Hour, for Indians, for Filipino, As a claims advisor, you help serve and maintain business relationships with members and clients for all claims. You handle low-complexity property insurance claims and all types of auto insurance claims.
You investigate and approve claims in accordance with the organization’s standards and policies.
|Post Name||Claim Advisor|
|Company Name||Desjardins Group|
|Expected Salary||CAD 25 to CAD 30 Per Hour|
|Address||Work From Home|
- Conduct investigations to assess the damage, estimate costs and market value, review reports and other documents, and determine settlement amounts
- Settle claims in accordance with the organization’s standards, policies, and quality commitments as well as the contract terms to ensure client satisfaction
- Work with all parties involved in claims.
- Negotiate agreements with providers.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||University degree/college diploma|
- University degree/college diploma preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of strong customer service experience.
- Nimble learner, tech-savvy, and strong communication skills.
What we offer :
- A fully remote work environment from everywhere in Ontario #LI-Remote.
- A comprehensive training program that includes continuous coaching and mentoring.
- Leadership that supports your career aspirations and development.
- Recognition and reimbursement for continuous learning are related fields.
- An inclusive, diverse, and respectful work environment.
By joining our team, you will get :
- Competitive compensation + annual bonus tied to organizational and personal performance.
- Extensive Flexible health/dental benefits package.
- Group pension plan and group RRSP plan.
- $400 annual wellness reimbursement to encourage healthy lifestyles.
- Employee discounts for auto and property insurance.
The Desjardins Group is a Canadian financial service cooperative and the largest federation of credit unions in North America. It was founded in 1900 in Lévis, Quebec by Alphonse Desjardins. While its legal headquarters remains in Lévis, most of the executive management, including the CEO, is based in Montreal.
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance,
Wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
Interview Question for Claim Advisor:
1. What are some of the typical questions you ask when investigating a claim?
Explanation: This is a practical inquiry. The interviewer wants to know how you approach carrying out the responsibilities of this job. It’s advisable to directly address operational queries and provide a concise outline of the actions you use to carry out the task in question.
2. What was the most challenging claim in your career, and why?
Explanation: Another operational question, the interviewer is looking to gauge the breadth of your experience with this one. Your response will reveal the kind of cases you’ve handled as well as your capacity for handling pressure. The interviewer will get a solid understanding of your qualifications from both of these topics.
Although this is a 100% telework position, it is possible that an office presence may be required in specific circumstances that will be discussed with your future manager.
You Don’t Work at Desjardins. You Grow with Desjardins. There’s a difference.
Discover what sets Desjardins apart from other employers. See why our growth strategy puts people first and how helping our employees to shine, in every area of life, is the key to our success.
At Desjardins, we believe in equity, diversity, and inclusion. We’re committed to welcoming, respecting, and valuing people for who they are as individuals, learning from their differences, embracing their uniqueness, and providing a positive workplace for all.
At Desjardins, we have zero tolerance for discrimination of any kind. We believe our teams should reflect the diversity of the members, clients, and communities we serve.
If there’s something we can do to help make the recruitment process or the job you’re applying for more accessible, let us know. We can provide accommodations at any stage in the recruitment process. Just ask!