|Post Name||Business Analyst|
|Company Name||Sony Music Publishing|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Working Hours||8 Hour|
|Location||King’s Cross, England, United Kingdom N1C|
|Min. Salary||GBP 44000 to|
|Max. Salary||GBP 50000 Per Year|
This role will work with the International Financial Planning & Analysis team to ensure that we have a robust data service so that we can optimize our usage of society income data for the purposes of royalty tracking and enabling maximum business insight into income trend analysis.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist Senior Analyst with existing reports and visualizations for key international territories to determine YOY trends in income, as well as extraction and preparation of key data ahead of business and budget reviews with FD’s and mds.
- Ensuring society distribution databases in SQL Server are up to date and take into account any changes to the source files communicated by the societies.
- Work with IT and Affiliates in the future state analysis project
- Communicating with affiliates to understand new requirements expanding the scope of the team’s distribution analyses.
- Preparation and shaping of data to provide reporting support for the Production Music Business on an Ad-hoc basis.
- Manage Ad-Hoc projects to create solutions for issues raised by Admin teams in order to make processes more efficient.
- Work with the Head of Data & Analytics, Enterprise Data Warehouse team, and Affiliates in future state analysis projects.
- Responding to Ad-Hoc data requests from various other departments as and when required.
Who You Are:
- Work experience in advanced research and analytical exercises, making complex numerical calculations, using SQL Server and/or Access, and manipulating and professionally presenting data in Excel and other spreadsheet solutions
- Proficient skills in MS Office applications, particularly Excel (Macro / VBA level). Expertise in data management using SQL Server or other database management software
- Advanced analytical skills with the experience and ability to translate data into meaningful analysis and insights
- Project Management and organization skills – ability to take ownership for delivery to an agreed service level, and to escalate issues where necessary, offering solutions
- Strong commercial focus, using initiative and insight for revenue-generating activities
- Excellent communication skills, able to interact confidently and successfully with all levels of staff and management within a corporate environment; expresses ideas in a clear, logical, and constructive way
- Educated to A Level standard
- Experience working in an International Finance or Admin Department
- Three to Five years experience in the music publishing industry, in role/s involving royalty distribution and tracking in the European collection societies network
- Working experience within cross-functional teams, senior management, and external clients
- Understanding of ETL Processes and tools
- Any other languages
- Problem Solving Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve complex problems with creative solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Drive for Results Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers with excellent organizational and attention to detail skills; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Task-Oriented Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things they see as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others
- Peer Relationship Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent their interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; quickly gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers; acquire excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
What We Give You:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative, and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, life & income protection coverage, and an attractive pension offering
- Voluntary self-funded benefits like dental, travel, and critical illness coverage, enhanced family-friendly policies (maternity/paternity), interest-free season ticket loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter break and early close Summer Fridays in addition to a generous holiday entitlement