Bank of America Work From Home Jobs, Bank of America is one of the world’s largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle market businesses, and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management, and other financial and risk-management products and services.
Following the acquisition of Merrill Lynch on January 1, 2009, Bank of America is among the world’s leading wealth management companies and is a global leader in corporate and investment banking and trading across a broad range of asset classes serving corporations, governments, institutions and individuals around the world.
In Canada, Bank of America has a strong market position on which to continue to build, as well as a clear commitment to the market.
|Post Name||Network Operations Engineer|
|Salary||CAD 83000 To CAD 90000 Per Year|
|Company Name||Bank of America|
|Education Required||Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science|
Member of a team responsible for the overall support and operation of network environments across technologies LATAM and Canada. The candidate will plan, maintain, upgrade, and continuously monitor and improve the operating environment. Responsibilities include:
- Incident and problem management
- Work closely with other enterprise teams on the implementation of network changes, adhering to the enterprise Change Management standards
- Manage relationships with business and technology partners
- Visit Bank’s remote sites within the Toronto area for on-site support
- Ensure all relevant risk, financial, and compliance policies and standards are met
- Ensure the execution plan is aligned with product strategy by working with Product Management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders
- Create an inclusive and healthy working environment, and help to resolve organizational impediments/blockers
- Willing to work after hours and on weekends as required, either remote or local at the site
Required Job Skills:
A candidate must have:
- 5+ years experience in a Network Operations role
- Highly developed operational experience; being able to troubleshoot complex network security and routing issues in a large multi-vendor environment
- Knowledge of networking communication principles, network standards, and network security practices
- Preferably has previous experience working within a large Financial Services environment
- Experience working in a data center/server-room environment
- A mix of ‘Data’ and ‘Security’ technologies with strong hands-on experience on the majority of the technologies listed below:
- Cisco Routing/Switching – CCNP+ Level or equivalent experience
- In-Depth Working Knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting a full suite of Cisco switches and routers – IOS, NX-OS, IOS-XR
- Working Knowledge of Market Data delivery networks using both TCP and UDP multicast with an ability to comprehensively troubleshoot through these networks
- Experience in network analytics through packet capture(Sniffer) and (Netscout)
- Excellent understanding of common network technologies, including TCP/IP, IPSec, VRRP, HSRP, SNMP, NAT, Multicast, Sub-netting, Ethernet, Access-lists
- In-Depth Working Knowledge and understanding of the following routing protocols: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS, MPLS
- Knowledge of core network services (DNS, SNMP, SMTP, NTP, Syslog, HTTP)
- Knowledge of network monitoring tools (SEVEN, HPNA, Splunk)
- Knowledge of security technologies: Firewall (Checkpoint, Nokia, and Juniper), Proxy, IDS/IPS
- Knowledge of load-balancer technologies: F5 BigIP/LTM/GTM/APM, iRules
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
Desired Job Skills:
- Certifications (ITIL, CCNP, other technical certifications)
- Good communication, time management, and project management skills
- Ability to multitask and able to perform well under tight deadlines
- Team Player & ability to work alone and with other teams for live troubleshoot calls
What Bank of America Offers:
Bank of America embodies a culture that extends from how we think, to how we behave, and to how we measure performance. By achieving excellence – in everything we do, every time we do it – we deliver the full value of Bank of America for our clients, our shareholders, and our employees.
Bank of America places a high value on talent and on maintaining a culture defined by meritocracy. For these reasons, it is deeply committed to professional development, opportunity, and accountability at all levels of the organization.
Bank of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bank of America encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants with disabilities may notify us of any accommodations needed to support your participation in the recruitment process. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying. Please be aware that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for this position.
Interview Questions for Network Operations Engineer:
- Beginner network engineer interview questions
- What do you mean by a network?
- What is a link?
- What do you mean by a node?
- What is a router?
- Can you define the OSI model?
- What is the TCP IP model in networking?
- What do you mean by a point-to-point link?
- Can you state the differences between a switch, router, and hub?
- What do you mean by a backbone network?
- Define subnet mask
- Intermediate Network Engineer Interview Questions
- What is a DNS?
- Can you define NAT?
- Mention the different types of LAN cables used in networking. What do you mean by a cross cable?
- What is the use of a proxy server?
- What do understand by domain and workgroup?
- Can you differentiate between the internet, intranet, and extranet?
- What is an active directory?