Position directs and works with managers and employees to carry out procedures ensuring an efficient check-in and check-out process. Ensures guest and employee satisfaction and maximizes the financial performance of the department.
|Post Name||Welcome Duty Manager|
|Company Name||W Hotels|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Location||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3000|
|Min Salary||AUD 70000|
|Max Salary||AUD 75000 Per Year|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
Rewards For Work, Benefits For Your Lifestyle
You’ll be supported in and out of the workplace through:
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food, and beverage
- Learning and development opportunities
- Recognition programs
- Wellbeing programs
- Encouraging management
- Team-spirited colleagues
Maintaining Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring quality, and standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Handles complaints, settle disputes, resolves grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiates with others.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
- Understands the impact of the department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed goals.
Supporting Management of Front Desk Team
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision-making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Responds to and handle guest problems and complaints.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provide feedback to individuals.
- Interacts with customers to obtain feedback on the quality of products, service levels, and overall satisfaction.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Managing Projects and Policies
- Implements the customer recognition/service program, communicating and ensuring the process.
- Trains staff and monitors adherence to all credit policies and procedures to reduce bad debts and rebates.
- Supervises same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and control property occupancy.
- Supervises daily Front Desk shift operations and ensures compliance with all policies, standards, and procedures.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs), and support the Peer Review Process.
Supporting Human Resource Activities
- Supports the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy, and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Brings issues concerning employee satisfaction to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources.
- Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
- Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, peers, and subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Performs all duties at the Front Desk as necessary.
- Runs Front Desk shifts whenever necessary.
- Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Desk goals to produce desired results.