|Post Name||Senior Data Engineer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Location||London, England, United Kingdom WC2E 9AB|
|Min Salary||GBP 65000 to|
|Max Salary||GBP 70000 Per Year|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s or Masters’s Degree in Computer Science|
Apple Maps Evaluation team is looking for experienced Data Engineers to join our Data Science Platform team. We partner closely with Data Scientists, Program Managers, and Product Analysts to measure and improve the Apple Maps user experience.
You will work with some of the most unique and interesting data sets in the world including geospatial data, GPS probe data, search logs, real-time traffic data, and A/B experiments data.
For this role, you will be focusing on data science applications and related projects to deal with Maps data at a massive scale. Our goals are to:
1) empower our partners in the data science team by building applications and pipelines to support their needs and,
2) engineer solutions to guarantee discoverable, accurate, and compliant management of data.
We are looking for data engineers who love to work closely with their customers and who are excited to solve challenges around data discoverability and management.
- Partner with Apple Maps Program, Data Science, and Engineering teams to understand data needs.
- Advocate for Apple customers, with a strong focus on privacy.
- Architect and develop new data processing systems to enable quick and easy consumption and augmentation of data –
- Design, build and launch efficient and reliable data platforms.
- Onboard production data platforms onto cloud technologies.
- Create data models for optimal storage and retrieval.
- Build data expertise and streamline routine analytics tasks.
- Passion for building reliable, stable, and fast data products that serve customer needs.
- 4+ years of tech lead experience.
- 8+ years of experience in working with large data sets, schema design, and dimensional modeling.
- 8+ years of experience in data warehousing and ETL.
- Experience with some or all of the following Amazon EMR, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, Athena, Glue, DynamoDB, Lambda, and other services of the AWS family.
- Experience in Java or Scala and Python.
- Expertise in working with SQL.
- Experience with data processing using Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce, and SparkSQL.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Masters’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or relevant industry experience preferred.
Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs.
We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success.
You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education, and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
Apple is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.