Apple Internships Jobs UK £20/Hour
|Post Name||Media Performance Architect Intern|
|Expected Salary||GBP 18 To GBP 20 Per Hour|
|Address||Saint Albans, England, United Kingdom AL1|
- An interest in computer architecture and micro-architecture
- Strong coding skills including object-oriented programming with C and C++
- Strong understanding of common data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of performance simulation environments is beneficial
- Knowledge of software design patterns
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Lua, Perl, Python, or Ruby
- Knowledge of video and image processing is a plus
- A motivated self-starter and an ability to work with ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills and ability to analyze data
- Availability for 6 months or more
As an intern in the Platform Architecture Team, you will have an impact on defining and optimizing Media IPs used in various Apple products. Through collaboration, you will seek out areas for improvement while collecting data and measurements that either confirm the idea or rule it out.
You will collaborate with experienced SoC architects and designers to assess the feasibility of ideas, refine ideas and create new ones.
The role requires data-driven analysis of interesting workloads across existing and new product categories to identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement.
You will be architecting new performance validation flows and brainstorming novel ideas to improve the methodology. You will collaborate with world-class SoC Architects to steer and improve the performance models used for research, performance analysis, and microarchitecture exploration.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
- Contribute towards performance modeling proposed architectural solutions and features
- Gather, analyze and validate measured and simulated results for architectural performance validation
- Analyze and present results to enable data-driven architecture/design flow
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams to develop architectural solutions
Education & Experience
- This position is a full-time internship and availability for 6 months as a minimum is preferred.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.
- We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.