Online Work From Home Java Engineer Jobs USA
American Express Remote Job, Online Java Engineer Jobs in American Express USA, You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back. At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways.
Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. From building next-generation apps and microservices in Kotlin to using AI to help protect our customers from fraud, you could be doing transformational work that brings our iconic, global brand into the future.
As a part of our tech team, we could work together to bring ground-breaking and diverse ideas to life that power the digital systems, services, products, and platforms that millions of customers around the world depend on. If you love to work with APIs, contribute to open source or use the latest technologies, we’ll support you with an open environment and learning culture to grow your career.
|Post Name||Java Engineer|
|Company Name||American Express|
|Expected Salary||USD 65000 to UDS 70000 Per Year|
|Address||Work From Home|
Responsibility for Remote Online Jobs in USA for Indians:
This position will report to the ‘Data and Integration Engineering Team’.
In this Full Stack Engineer role, you will be part of a talented team responsible for building scalable, secure, and highly available Cloud-based Services within our Hybrid based platform-as-a-service (PaaS) + SaaS Cloud, while also gaining experience and getting exposure to many other open source products as required.
Your primary responsibilities will be to develop technical solutions to enhance the American Express SaaS Integration platform, with a focus on building group-up platform capabilities and automation for the highly scalable cloud services delivery.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team, quality engineering team, and product management to build scalable high performant quality solutions.
- Research and apply recent technology and libraries that enable lean product development.
- Implement Backend/Bigdata/API/Middleware solutions that integrate with Bigdata/NoSQL, platforms, and SaaS partner systems.
- Implement the best software practices that produce maintainable code, including usability patterns, code style conformity, integration, unit testing, and code review.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in how fast they develop working software.
- Writing code, unit tests, automation, conducting code reviews, and testing.
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts and delivering continuous improvement.
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges.
- Quickly generate and update proof of concepts for testing and team feedback.
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science|
As part of our diverse tech team, you can architect, code, and ship software that makes us an essential part of our customers’ digital lives. Here, you can work alongside talented engineers in an open, supportive, inclusive environment where your voice is valued, and you make your own decisions on what tech to use to solve challenging problems.
Amex offers a range of opportunities to work with the latest technologies and encourages you to back the broader engineering community through open source. And because we understand the importance of keeping your skills fresh and relevant, we give you dedicated time to invest in your professional development. Find your place in technology
Skills for American Express Jobs Work From Home:
- 5+ years of experience in Java and/or GoLang/Kotlin.
- Deep understanding of REST / GraphQL principle as a provider and consumer.
- Good Understanding of Bigdata / Hadoop ecosystem with Hands-on Spark and Hive
- Strong experience with Relational and NoSQL databases (MySQL/Postgres, CouchBase, Hbase, ElasticSearch)
- In-depth understanding of Kafka and hands-on pub/sub implementations
- Experience with any of the Container Orchestration technologies – Kubernetes, Openshift, etc.
- Successful track record of developing middleware solutions, with a strong focus on code quality, unit testing, integration testing, code quality analysis tools, and API (Swagger) documentation.
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
American Express Company is an American multinational corporation specializing in payment card services headquartered at 200 Vesey Street in the Battery Park City neighborhood of Lower Manhattan in New York City. The company was founded in 1850 and is one of the 30 components of the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
Mission: Become essential to our customers by providing differentiated products and services to help them achieve their aspirations.
Vision: Provide the world’s best customer experience every day.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on the role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination series (i.e., 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose for J&J) in order to work in or visit any of our offices. This requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.