Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
American Airlines Representative Work From Home Jobs, Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind-the-scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers.
At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
Why you’ll love this job
|Post Name||Office-Based Reservations Representative|
|Company Name||American Airlines|
|Expected Salary||USD 18 To USD 20 Per Hour|
|Address||Work From Home, United States|
What you’ll do
- Master several weeks of fast-paced, intensive training on products, processes, policies, and tools; and continue learning with recurrent training each year
- Handle contacts from customers and gain their trust by providing solutions to their travel needs
- Listen to the customers’ needs and proactively offer options
- Generate revenue by selling tickets and related products/services
- Offer a high level of customer service
- Work on a full-time basis, at a workstation
- Ability to work in an operation that covers a 24-hour period which includes weekends and holidays and day/evening/overnight shifts that could vary throughout the year and as determined through seniority bidding
- On occasion, be offered voluntary overtime and required to work mandatory overtime
- Be assigned performance goals and receive coaching toward continuous improvement
- Work within a caring environment with a passion for culture and diversity with a strong sense of community, volunteer groups, and support of various cause
All you’ll need for success
- Will be at least 18 years of age
- Will have a high school diploma or GED Equivalency
- Can read, write, and fluently speak and understand the English language
- Will be able to perform duties while remaining at a workstation for extended periods of time
- Can work as scheduled and in accordance with the American Airlines Attendance policy
- Will concentrate on details and handle multiple tasks with accuracy while providing outstanding customer service
- Are self-disciplined and accountable for performing job functions with minimal supervision
- Are resourceful, skilled in problem-solving, and able to handle difficult/stressful situations
- Are you comfortable selling products
|Education Required||High School Diploma or GED|
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
- Are confident in using technology and navigating through multiple applications during a single call
- Have previous Reservations and/or Customer Service experience in a contact center environment
- Have previous Sales experience
- Thrive on continuous improvement and goal attainment
- Have a passion for travel with the interest, knowledge, and experience to become a customer’s trusted advisor
What you’ll get
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family, and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription, and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts, and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources, and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program is available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance, and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises, and more
- Join at a starting rate of pay of $14.74 per hour
- Accrue up to two (2) weeks of vacation in the first year for use in the subsequent calendar year
- Receive health benefit options including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, and other optional benefits
- Be eligible for American Airlines team member travel privileges
- Potential to apply to work from home upon completion of 4 months
- Home-based pay rate applies and the position is subject to performance parameters and availability in your area