|Post Name||Amazon Virtual Jobs London £23-Hour|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Location||London, England, United Kingdom EC2A 2FA|
|Min Salary||GBP 20 to|
|Max Salary||GBP 25 Per Hour|
|Qualification||MS in Computer Science|
**This role is open to alternative locations including the United Kingdom, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Netherlands, South Africa, and Spain. With us, you can flexibly harness computing, storage, security, and other services from across the globe as your business demands them.
AWS Security is on the cutting edge of many security issues for a wide variety of platforms and technologies including cloud services, the Internet of things (IoT), identity and access management, mobile devices, virtualization, and custom hardware, all operating at a massive scale. Similarly, our highly collaborative team is committed to each team member’s growth as our business grows.
As a part of the Secure Hardware and Foundational Technology security group, we help AWS launch brand-new products and invest in emerging technologies securely.
We are looking for a technically deep Security Engineer to help secure our foundational platforms such as OS kernels, virtualization, device emulation, firmware, and hardware.
You will be responsible for conducting security reviews, threat modeling, developing tooling that will help detect security issues at scale, and hands-on security evaluations (pen-testing).
You will dive into complex engineering discussions, and leverage security expertise to ensure proper risk assessment and threat analysis are performed. You will provide clear technical direction and risk mitigation guidance for diverse engineering and business leaders at all levels.
By applying your years of practical security engineering expertise in projects related to enterprise networking, hardware-rooted security, operating system hardening, and cloud-scale administrative infrastructure, you will literally shape the future of cloud computing.
- Security reviews for new products and systems
- Secure architecture design
- Threat modeling
- Penetration testing & vulnerability research
- Projects and research work as needed
- Security training and outreach to internal development teams
- Security guidance documentation
- Security tool development
- Security metrics delivery and improvements
- Assistance with recruiting activities
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally.
We have innovative benefit offerings and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life.
We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
Experience in Security Engineering or Software Development of Security capabilities, supporting engineering projects from concept to delivery, and experience in one or more of the following technical categories:
— Scaling security assessments (e.g. automating workflows relating to penetration testing, incident response, forensics, and network traffic analysis)
— Virtualization security (Xen, KVM, QEMU)
— Hardware security (PCB, JTAG, UART, SPI, ROM, microcode, custom ASIC/FPGA)
— x86 and/or ARM chipset and firmware security (TPM, UEFI, TrustZone, Secure Boot, JTAG, PCIe)
- Experience performing security reviews and/or implementing defensive technical security controls
- Experience working with virtualization security, side-channel attack vectors, and/or potential mitigations
- MS in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated ability to prepare technical specifications and executive-ready communications
- Demonstrated understanding of crypto basics (encryption, signing, certificates, common algorithms)
- Experience in two or more of the technical categories above
- Experience using AWS core services (EC2, S3, IAM, Kinesis, Lambda, KMS, VPC, etc)
- Experience designing for relevant security standards (TCG, IEEE, NIST, FIPS, PCI, ISO 28000 series)
- Experience designing for crypto security (e.g. certificate handling and PKI, attestation, TPM/HSM)
- Experience leading enterprise security risk management and operational business continuity programs
- Expert knowledge of Windows, Linux, and hypervisor security (especially in cloud environments)
- Expert knowledge of common security-relevant protocols (e.g. SSH, TLS, DNS, DHCP, NTP, ICMP)
- Spectacular track record of complex project delivery, effective organization, and executive maturity
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon.