|Post Name||Amazon Virtual Customer Service Jobs CA$18/Hour|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Working Hours||8 Hour|
|Location||Work From Home, Canada|
|Min. Salary||CAD 18|
|Max. Salary||CAD 18 Per Hour|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
The Customer Trust team designs and implements policies, tools, and process innovations to protect customers. In Customer Trust, we conduct deep-dive reviews of potential abuse, manage customer performance, and support operational compliance functions.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about helping us ensure that customers may make trusted purchasing decisions, and sellers are able to successfully list and sell their products. Investigation decisions are not only fundamental to helping protect customers and sellers but will help maintain the health of the AbeBooks product listing ecosystem.
Customer Trust Specialists demonstrate analytical and quantitative skills to use data and metrics to perform investigations. They communicate suspicious account activity and new fraud patterns to stakeholders and take appropriate actions to identify and minimize the risks posed by fraud patterns. Customer Trust Specialists work closely with the Customer Support team to address customer questions and concerns regarding ongoing investigations and compliance initiatives.
- Investigate suspicious activity and behavior that could pose a risk to AbeBooks, our customers, or sellers.
- Use a combination of manual and automated tools to gather data and conduct ad-hoc investigations.
- Provide prompt and efficient responses to AbeBooks customers and sellers by email and phone.
- Ensure compliance with procedures and SLAs while achieving quality and productivity metrics.
- Actively seek solutions through logical reasoning and data interpretation skills and identify trends to appropriate channels including improvement suggestions.
- Escalate emerging issues and fraud-related issues with a high sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates the ability to self-manage on priority tasks and objectives.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
About the team
AbeBooks, an Amazon company, is a global online marketplace for books and collectibles, with hundreds of millions of new, used, rare and out-of-print books listed for sale by thousands of sellers. AbeBooks has great perks such as social events and personal development days.
AbeBooks has a flexible work policy. We are open to employees working out of the office or from home (as long as an occasional commute to our offices in Victoria, BC is possible with advance notice). If you live near Victoria and are interested in this position, we encourage you to apply.
- Education: High school diploma, GED or higher.
- Experience in problem-solving, including the ability to recognize non-obvious patterns.
- Technical skills – Microsoft Excel, and preferably knowledge of SQL or database tools.
- Strong Analytical skills – has the ability to start from ambiguous problem statements, identify and access relevant data, make appropriate assumptions, perform insightful analysis and draw conclusions relevant to the business problem.
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality and data security standards.
- Effective, clear, and professional written and oral communication skills. Ability to present information professionally and concisely with supporting data.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills.
- Some knowledge of SQL or database tools (Tableau, Amazon Redshift, Oracle, etc.)
- Knowledge of credit card processing, payment fraud investigation, and prevention techniques
- Experience in risk management, legal compliance, or IP/brand protection
- Experience in a front-line external facing role requiring email, voice, or message board type of interactions with customers.
- Fluency in more than one language (German, Spanish, French, or Italian)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or another legally protected status. If you would like to request accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.