Amazon Jobs Toronto, Jobs at Amazon, Amazon Toronto Jobs
Amazon Jobs Toronto, Jobs at Amazon, Amazon Toronto Jobs, Use your deep technical skills and experience to make Amazon a better place to work and delight our customers by joining Amazon Connections.
Amazon Connections is an innovative program that gives Amazonians globally an effective way to provide feedback on the workplace and help shape the future of the company.
Connections ask employees quick questions every day and use that real-time information to learn from their experiences, introduce targeted content to teams around the world, and measure specific outcomes.
Our goal is to strengthen Amazon’s workplace culture and help develop leaders who earn trust, remove barriers to excellence, and make Amazon an inspiring place to work.
As a Software Development Engineer in Connections, you will have technical ownership of the development of new critical parts of this system. You will create technology that changes the face of organizational management.
You’ll join a talented and nimble team of engineers to create innovative ways to streamline delivery. Successful candidates will be strong SDEs who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery.
You will drive architectural and design choices, invent new features, develop distributed services, and build a scalable, service-oriented platform for our people.
We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect developers and management alike to take a high level of ownership of the product vision, technical architecture, and project delivery.
|Post Name||Software Development Engineer|
|Expected Salary||CAD 75000 To CAD 80000 Per Year|
|Address||Toronto, ON, Canada M5H 4A9|
In This Role You Will
- Work with Technical leaders across the org to deliver large distributed projects to delight our customers
- Write high-quality, efficient, testable code in Java and other object-oriented languages
- Build highly available, secure, systems in a microservices architecture
- Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry
- Find out what it takes to engineer systems for the “Amazon Scale”
- Own and operate the systems that you build
- Contribute to planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a senior member of the team
- Get firsthand experience engineering client apps as well as AWS services such as Lambda, Glue, EC2, S3, DynamoDB, and others
The Connections Software team combines the culture of a startup, the innovation and creativity of an R&D Lab, and technical challenges at the scale of Amazon.
We offer opportunities for builders to build and make history!
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- BS Computer Science/Computer Engineering
- Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development
- Exceptional problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Obsession with quality, operational excellence, and customer experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
- Experience and willingness to mentor more junior engineers and help them develop their skills and leadership abilities
- Experience designing, building, and deploying scalable, highly-available systems
- Experience working across teams to deliver highly complex systems at every level
- MS Computer Science/Computer Engineering.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing, and operations
- Experience taking a lead role in developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, and describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
- Appetite and enthusiasm to work with new technologies
- Keen interest in staying current with the latest trends and techniques in the industry
- 5+ years of professional development using modern service development technologies and techniques
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams.
If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or another legally protected status. If you would like to request accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||BS Computer Science/Computer Engineering|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
Amazon.com, Inc. is an American multinational technology company that focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It has been referred to as “one of the most influential economic and cultural forces in the world”, and is one of the world’s most valuable brands.
- What aspects of this position interest you most?
- How do you stay updated on industry developments?
- How do you remove duplicates from an array in place?
- What is a bucket sort algorithm? How do you use it?
- Describe the development life cycle and models for it.
- What are the most important factors to consider when designing scalable applications?
- How do you merge two sorted linked lists?
- How do you use abstract classes?
- What is the purpose of a CSS style sheet?
- What is immutability in Java?
- How do you populate a list in C#?
- What is the difference between black box and white box testing?
- What are the basic functions of a stack?
- What strategies do you use to make a program faster?
- What are functional and non-functional requirements?