Amazon Hiring Vendor Manager in UK
Amazon Jobs in Manchester UK 2022/23, Manager Jobs in Amazon UK , The Vendor Manager position is for a passionate customer and category advocate within Amazon, with proven analytical capabilities and project management skills, great attention to detail, and the ability to effectively prioritize and multitask with a proven record of driving category growth.
The VM must be an effective leader and communicator in working with some of Amazon’s most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal colleagues and cross-functional stakeholders. Interested in working on an innovative and high-impact business that is changing the way customers think about groceries?
Amazon is looking for a talented Vendor Manager (VM) / Buyer with a background in buying/vendor management, account development, or product management to join our AmazonFresh business. This VM will be responsible for our Health and Personal Care and Baby categories, building and executing the strategy, along with building relationships with our vendors.
The successful candidate will be a team player, be comfortable with ambiguity, communicate persuasively and be able to influence internal and external stakeholders of all levels. They will over-index in several leadership competencies, particularly ownership, delivering results, a bias for action, and diving deep.
|Post Name||Vendor Manager|
|Expected Salary||GBP 45000 to GBP 50000 Per Year|
|Address||Manchester, England, United Kingdom M4 4GV|
Responsibility for Job in Amazon UK 2022:
- Managing a full P&L, including planning, forecasting, and driving growth across their business.
- Setting the goals and strategic direction for their vendors and initiatives, ensuring alignment with broader business goals.
- Driving negotiations and representing Amazon when meeting with senior leaders.
- Identifying industry trends and developing innovative marketing and merchandising initiatives to support growth.
- Generating and implementing big ideas to drive business improvement, innovation, and scale within their categories and across the retail business as a whole.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams that support business needs, including retail systems, CX, marketing, and in-stock, to ensure processes are in place for flawless execution.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||Bachelor’s Degree|
Basic Qualification for Getting Jobs in Amazon UK:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Several years of professional experience.
- Experience in commercial negotiation gained within major organizations in e-commerce or retail, key account management, or consulting environments.
- Proven negotiating skills, influencing abilities, and relationship management experience.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to seamlessly work across functional and organizational boundaries, and reputation for influencing others and earning trust across levels and organizations.
- Excellent analytical skills.
Preferred Qualification for Jobs in Amazon Manchester for Indians:
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and database work, with experience in SQL as a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- Proven track record of delivering initiatives from conception through completion of large-scale projects.
- Commercial/ Buying experience.
About the team
The Amazon.co.uk Fresh and Prime Now businesses are committed to improving the way UK customers shop and buy products in a Consumables/Grocery setting. This is a great opportunity to join a high-performing team in a new, challenging environment focused on innovation for customers.
We encourage an entrepreneurial environment where ideas are valued, respected, and more often than not, implemented quickly.
Your direct responsibility will be to manage the performance of your product portfolio including developing and growing vendor relationships, expanding product selection and vendor base, negotiating contracts, setting category strategy, developing marketing programs, driving sales and margin improvements, and creating best-in-class customer experiences.
The ideal candidate is a thought leader on new initiatives with proven negotiation experience, analytical thinking, and project management skills. They stay on top of the industry and competitive trends, leverage customer insights, and execute at both a tactical and strategic level. Exceptional communication and organizational skills are must.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and building. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon.
Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT – 4:00 pm GMT.
If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
Some Interview Questions for Vendor Manager & FAQs:
1. Describe the techniques you use to get information about new clients.
I devised a plan when I initially started out as a vendor manager to assist me in learning as much as I could about new clients. My initial step in the research procedure is to compile historical information on the client’s past relationships with suppliers and vendors, as well as whether the customer has signed contracts with any rival vendors.
I used this data to identify a few crucial things to emphasise when communicating with the client about the advantages of using my company’s vendor services. These acts have consistently assisted me in establishing and keeping more beneficial and enduring client relationships.
2. If a current customer found themselves suddenly unable to pay their agreed-upon amount, how would you approach the situation?
I got a call from a client company in my previous company that had seen a rise in production prices. The client felt they had no choice but to terminate our relationship as a result of these price hikes.
As a result, I was able to reach a compromise on a price adjustment for the client account since I recognized some chances for cost reductions and repricing our vendor services. After reaching this agreement, the customer was able to fulfill their contractual obligations and continue to be one of my organization’s active vendor accounts.
3. What measurements do you consider crucial for monitoring the effectiveness of your vendor services?
I prefer to meet with staff members to go over quotas and existing contract criteria in order to make sure teams fulfil all vendor needs for clients. This raises awareness among the team members and aids in the establishment of departmental and individual goals for the shipment of goods and the completion of client orders. I also like to check in with teams at key points during contract periods to make sure clients are receiving vendor goods on time.
4. How do you control the possibility of contract violations?
When I begin client contracts, I always start by outlining and going through the conditions that clients must satisfy in order to keep their accounts open. In order to secure the best results, I make reference to corporate policies and discuss with clients on issues related to pricing, discounts, and other cost-saving measures. By taking these steps, I can create requirements that clients completely understand and uphold as long as our contracts with them are in effect.
5. Could you describe any special measures you take to make sure your marketing and sales staff are reaching out to customers?
I like to keep up with the marketing and sales teams’ efforts to identify and acquire new customer leads. I normally prefer to schedule monthly updates with the sales and marketing managers to talk about the most successful current tactics for guaranteeing prompt client communication. This enables me to keep track of all activities that contribute to overall client satisfaction, as well as to enhance communication procedures to foster stronger client connections.