Engineering Jobs in Chennai India
Amazon Job Vacancy in Chennai, The mission of the Catalog Support and Programs (CSP) team is to provide a single point of contact for item-related problems and issues related to all retail and merchant catalogs. As a member of the Amazon Selection and Catalog Systems team, you’ll play a key role in driving Amazon’s business.
You will be responsible for monitoring the data flow as well as meeting ticket SLAs and driving root cause resolution defects. The Amazon Selection and Catalog Systems team are responsible for the systems that allow our business units to provide customers with the largest, highest quality, and most up-to-date selection in the world.
You will play a key role in supporting our business teams worldwide by providing critical product support, carrying out data research, liaising with technology and other internal teams on workflow improvements, data interpretation, and data improvements, and helping to provide solutions that drive ongoing improvements to the quality of Amazon’s catalogs.
This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities and outstanding business acumen. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, and will be comfortable accessing and working with data from multiple sources.
The candidate should also have strong communication skills, enabling them to work with key business stakeholders to understand requirements and shape analytical deliverables. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to work cross-organizationally.
A keen sense of ownership and drive is a must. The role will work with a diverse set of data and cross-functional teams as well as use data to drive process improvement. An ideal engineer is one who enjoys discovering and solving ambiguous problems, can quickly learn complex systems, and enjoys building actionable insights from data.
To meet these challenges we are looking for passionate, talented, and super-smart support engineers (m/f). We are looking of people who innovate, love solving hard problems, and never take no for an answer. Our engineers are top-notch engineers, who work hard, have fun and make history.
|Post Name||Application Engineer|
|Salary||INR 60000 To INR 80000 Per Month|
|Address||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India 600092|
Amazon.com, Inc. is an American multinational technology company that focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It has been referred to as “one of the most influential economic and cultural forces in the world”, and is one of the world’s most valuable brands.
- Big Picture: solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- Proactive: You display energy and initiative in solving problems. You follow all possible avenues to get the job done
- Adaptable: You undertake a variety of tasks willingly. You switch from complex to routine tasks when required. You adapt quickly to new technologies and products. You work effectively with a variety of personalities and work styles
- Quality: You demonstrate appropriate quality and thoroughness.
- Integrity: You act with personal integrity at all times.
- Professional: You work within your team’s process. You confront problems (even when outside your own domain), propose solutions, take ownership through to resolution or ensure a clear hand-off. You have a positive, can-do approach to work.
- Migrate the metadata and business rules from existing manual templates into Unified Platform to provide new listing experiences to internal customers.
- Analyze and fix inconsistencies of existing metadata and business rules.
- Use problem-solving and analytical skills to solve business problems and drive process improvements.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering|
- 1+ year of development or technical support experience.
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging technical systems.
- Experience scripting in modern program languages.
For this position we expect: –
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- Fluent English language skills are required.
- Professional experience of 2+ years in the Operations / Support environment.
- Demonstrated experience in Perl or Python or shell scripts, Java, and a sound understanding of web technologies.
- Detailed knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system and tools
- Proficient in Perl/Python/Java
- Demonstrated skill and passion for problem-solving and operational excellence
- Ability to understand, troubleshoot and describe complex technical processes and issues.
- Clear and effective communication & documentation skills
- Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills (including the ability to effectively use tools such as Excel) and an ability to analyze, migrate, solve ambiguity and fix inconsistencies in metadata.