Amazon Engineer Job Alberta $80000/PA, Imagine a customer wanting to build a new app and allowing their users to upload view and like photos and using AWS resources for it, Amazon Cognito can bootstrap the authentication and access control for AWS resources using standards such as OIDC, OAuth 2.0, and SAML 2.0 to make life simpler for the developers so they can focus on the what matters for their customers.
Amazon Cognito handles sign-up, sign-in, federation as well as advanced security features for your web and mobile users at an internet scale.
Our team owns the Cognito Authorization and we need brilliant engineers to work with us on making this service the most liked amongst all Identity providers.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will build features to enable developers to rapidly and effortlessly build a secure and easy-to-use authorization service for end users with a fully featured customer identity experience with strong, adaptive protection mechanisms and access to cutting-edge techniques that help prevent, detect, mitigate and respond to today’s complicated threat landscape.
You will be part of a high-performing development team that owns end-to-end development for the service. This Role is a virtual role so you are able to work from anywhere in Canada.
A successful candidate is a software developer who has demonstrated the ability to solve difficult problems from scratch, can operate independently demonstrates strong judgment in face of technical problems, and successfully deliver projects.
Ideally, experience with security and/or Identity systems would make it easier to hit the ground running. You will train new team members on how software is constructed, operates, and how it fits into the bigger picture. You take pride in writing simple code for complex problems that are secured, performant and stable. If this sounds like you, come join us and help write a new chapter in the computing story for the industry.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level, etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two because two are better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
|Post Name||Software Development Engineer II|
|Salary||CAD 80000 Per Year|
|Education Required||Master’s Degree in Computer Science|
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 4+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java or C++ including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with developers, product managers, and our customers
- Master’s degree in Computer Science equivalent
- Understanding of OIDC, OAuth 2.0, and SAML 2.0 protocols
- Experience with Authentication and Authorization protocols
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Remote||Calgary, AB, Canada T3K 0R1|
Interview Questions for Software Development Engineer:
- Why Did You Decide to Become a Software Engineer?
- What programming languages do you prefer?
- What’s important when checking a team member’s code?
- What project management tools have you used?
- Talk about a project you completed successfully
- What Are You Looking for in This Job?
- Why Should We Hire You?
- Talk about some mistakes you learned fromca
- How Did You Solve a Problem You Faced?
- How Do You Come Up With Estimates?
- What Are You Working On right now?
- How Do You Assure Software Quality?
- Do You Enjoy Working With a Team or Alone?
- What Are Your Career Goals?
- When writing your own database server what should you consider?
- How do you keep your skills sharp and up to date?
- What Questions Do You Have for Us?